ALINCO DJ-X3 E Batteries

Discussion on Alinco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
AIRMAN

ALINCO DJ-X3 E Batteries

Post by AIRMAN »

Just received this model this morning.

The manual says not to use NiCad AA's. :?

Recommended is NimH.

Are all batteries in the supermarket NimH or are they only the rechargeable type and need to be charged up in a plug in charger?

Would Lithium AA be OK?

Can anyone here recommend what type of battery is best for this Alinco as I have never owned one before.

This model I have takes 3? :?

Thanks guys,

Airman
youngn
Forum Manager

Re: ALINCO DJ-X3 E Batteries

Post by youngn »

NiCad's are old technology I'm not sure if you can still buy them at supermarkets...

ALSO
Keep in mind regular AA batteries are 1.5v a cell whereas rechargeable AA batteries are 1.2v per cell...

so 3 x 1.5 = 4.5 whereas 3 x 1.2 = 3.6
Almost 1 volt difference

This may or may not cause any malfunction or damage... I am not quite sure
"YOUNGN"
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

I just take my pack down to the All Sort Batteries they place new recharble (Metal Hydride) or Ion ones in with a higher mAh and cost a lot less than a new original pack.
Comint

Post by Comint »

AIRMAN wrote:Just received this model this morning.

The manual says not to use NiCad AA's. :?

Recommended is NimH.

Are all batteries in the supermarket NimH or are they only the rechargeable type and need to be charged up in a plug in charger?

Would Lithium AA be OK?

Can anyone here recommend what type of battery is best for this Alinco as I have never owned one before.

This model I have takes 3? :?

Thanks guys,

Airman
The Service Manual for the Alinco DJ-X3 says the internal battery source can range from 3.6 to 6.0 Volts, so Alkaline or Lithium AA batteries (at 1.5 V each) won't cause any problems.

I only know of NiMH batteries as rechargeable.

Didn't the radio come with a EBP-52NS NiMH battery pack, an EDC-105 Battery Re-charger, and an EDC-94 AC adapter.

--
Comint
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

Didn't tho come with a EBP-52NS NiMH battery pack, an EDC-105 Battery Re-charger, and an EDC-94 AC adapter.e radi

No. The dealer, Lee Andrews said that price for this scanner was so low it didn't include the battery pack or adapter, I got it for $229 incl shipping.

I haven't given it a proper work out yet. I may review it in due course.