Another new member

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
Coover

Another new member

Post by Coover »

Hi folks

Retired QAS paramedic (15 years), and ex A.F.P.
Thought I'd jump on, maybe help with some answers regarding job codes etc. I don't have a scanner, nor know frequencies.
Gearbox92

Re: Another new member

Post by Gearbox92 »

Welcome! :)

Wow 15 years, long time working as hard as you guys and girls do.

Regarding codes, I do have a weird one that came up recently. There was a job in which coms couldn't get through to a crew who was on scene with a patient who had a weapon. Therefore many units in the area went code one to the case to see what was going on (QPS were on the way but not on scene with ambos yet). Coms kept saying "this is an LR case." I'm wondering what the LR means? If I had to take a stab in the dark I'd guess lost resource but I'm probably way off the mark.

Thanks!
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Hi Coover

Steve here from the other site that you love :lol:
Steve
emergen

Post by emergen »

Hi Coover,

Welcome mate. How long ago did you retire from QAS?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Gearbox92 wrote:Welcome! :)

Wow 15 years, long time working as hard as you guys and girls do.

Regarding codes, I do have a weird one that came up recently. There was a job in which coms couldn't get through to a crew who was on scene with a patient who had a weapon. Therefore many units in the area went code one to the case to see what was going on (QPS were on the way but not on scene with ambos yet). Coms kept saying "this is an LR case." I'm wondering what the LR means? If I had to take a stab in the dark I'd guess lost resource but I'm probably way off the mark.

Thanks!
Sorry to bring up an old topic but LR is "law required" essentially the police need to be involved.
Mitch Rogers
Cally460

YET Another new member

Post by Cally460 »

Hi.
Ex newspaper photographer and TV cameraman here.

Currently left the industry behind 15 years ago and work as a trauma theatre nurse in the eastern suburbs of Melb and volunteer ambo with St Johns in central Vic. Speciality is ortho trauma, Plastics trauma and anaesthetics. if you buy a power saw on friday, misuse it on Saturday, im one of the blokes you meet on a Sunday... :roll:

Love monitoring and as a pilot LOVE listening to the Melb airport traffic. Find the plods boring (how many transport checks can you get enthralled about) but love the CFA and other organisations.

I have a car mounted analogue Trunktracker 3, and a handheld digital Uniden (396)...

Used to the old analogue system, I can see the concept of trunking is simple, but find the nuts and bolts TOTALLY confusing... especially when wanting to use it from a fixed location such as the house. Give me a broken leg to deal with any day!! :lol:

Cally460
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Welcome :) glad to have you part of the forum :)
Mitch Rogers
terryhaynes
Forum Manager

Post by terryhaynes »

Stretch your alive!! You have been very quiet over the last few years :-)
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Hey!! Yes I'm here. no where near as active as I want or used to be but that's life :( how's everything?
Mitch Rogers