Hello everyone New member:)

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
GadgetPete
Newly Registered Users

Hello everyone New member:)

Post by GadgetPete »

Hi there! My name is Pete just joined/New member here and I really should have signed up ages ago.. Long time listener been listening in to QPS and fire ect ect on the Gold Coast for 25+yrs absolutely love it some of the things I have heard unfold and recorded.. Just wow haha caught the bug very young, and still using that same old desktop scanner and a few old faithful uniden handheld bearcats, recently been getting back into it all and trying to find all I can before they all go digital and the fun ends :(
Just bought one of these http://www.uniden.com.au/australia/p_uh015sx_index.asp still brand new for $50!!! from a mate who got it as an unwanted Christmas gift years ago it's still in it's packet his loss is my my gain (pardon the pun=P) got it for my old trusty Volvo 244 I'm going to try and install it myself ;-p
Never done one before but have installed lots of car stereos so I should be ok yeah?
It didn't come with install instructions anyway hope to have a good old chat and find out some more local analogue frequencies so if you know of anything interesting in my area(Mudgeeraba, Gold Coast) would greatly appreciate the wisdom/knowledge cheers!:)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Hello everyone New member:)

Post by Phantom »

Welcome to the forum.
Just a shame that most of the services are reading down the line (especially QPS) of digital and/or encrypted

Feel free to ask away!
GadgetPete
Newly Registered Users

Post by GadgetPete »

Thanks will do, where would be the best place to ask of known working current (analogue) frequencies in my area (Gold Coast) I'm really getting into all things radio especially CB :)
Looking to learn as much as I can, thanks Phamtom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
michael
Administrator

Post by michael »

GadgetPete wrote:Never done one before but have installed lots of car stereos so I should be ok yeah?
Welcome Pete,

You should be right, I've done a few in my time and they are pretty straight forward. Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers
Mick