Hey everyone. New to all of this but interested!

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
heeef
Newly Registered Users

Hey everyone. New to all of this but interested!

Post by heeef »

Hello, I'm fairly new to scanning and only have a UHF at the moment but ever since I've had that I've been looking more and more at scanners etc. I live 150ks from Adelaide, SA and I'm having trouble finding a scanner.. I don't know if it's because I'm new to all this and search the wrong things or what? I'm looking for something in-car as I spend a bit of time in it and I have no room in the house! Haha anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers - Heath
emergen

Re: Hey everyone. New to all of this but interested!

Post by emergen »

Hi Heath,

Welcome to the world of scanning. Most people in Australia are now buying the Uniden UBCD396XT scanner. It can be bought off ebay for less than $400.

This model is an Australian specific model. The specs are truly mind blowing. For example it has 25,000 channels. It has trunk tracking capabilities. Many businesses use trunking radios and as well as government departments.

What you can listen to really depends on whether you are in or close to a regional town or city.

Good luck, read up and follow the postings in this forum.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk