Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant

Postby Johno0885 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi to everyone. I'm John and I live in Gawler South Australia. I've been a World Band Listener in the past.
Only recently have I taken up Radio listening as a hobby . I have a Uniden AX144 only a small set up due to where
I live , a Gutter mount whip. Next is a GME TX 4000 that's packed away, Four GME TX 6000. Then to my Receivers.
A Realistic DX 440, A Sangean ATS 909, A Icom R6 Scanner and still not sure if I can use it , I need to read the book.
Just ordered a Sony ICF 2010 Receiver. A few books on Passport to world band Radio. All this is old Tech except
the R6 ,Lots of reading to do and I hope to get some sort of Antenna setup that will be good general coverage.
There are many and varied stations out there on the bands , depending on your listening tastes.
I hope to get to talk to different people soon until then Happy listening.
Johno0885
Newly Registered Users

Re: New Member

Postby Phantom » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 am

G'day Johno
Welcome to the forum.
Great to see more SWL on here.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: New Member

Postby tanger32au » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.