hi people & fella cb/scanner users

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
ukphotographer
Newly Registered Users

hi people & fella cb/scanner users

Post by ukphotographer »

hi all, found this website while trying to find out if theres any mods that can be done to a new scanner ive been brought, its the new uniden ubc92xlt, its a cracker compared to my old timer scanner ive been using the last 10yrs, my old scanner is called a jil sx200, totally awesome scanner, larger than the average scanner, its a basic home base scanner but can be mounted and used in a car/truck, anyway throught i'd be a polite pom and introduce myself, im Andy and I live in the cold wet U.K, at the moment cb in the U.K is a dying hobby, where I currently live is a place called EVESHAM in the county of WORCESTERSHIRE, middle of UK, the midlands, right that's where I lives, theres roughly like about 10thousand people in my local area, and one cb operator, me... so it can be lonely at times with no oneon there to chat with, so I tend to use my scanner more than the cb coz im able to listen to loads going on around my way, the cordless phone band is well worth listening too around my way, heard a fair few people whos voices I seen to know, there all having it off with other friends, so my scanner has become my friend, but what im after is info on my uniden ubc92xlt scanner too see if theres any mods which can be done on it, im well handy with a soldering iron and my wiring is second to none so im told, all info greatfully welcome, many thanks...Andy from UK
AIRMAN

Re: hi people & fella cb/scanner users

Post by AIRMAN »

Can't see why you'd need a scanner in the UK as most emergency services are encrypted. About the only monitoring you have over there is vhf aviation.

What sort of 'mods' were you looking at for your 92 XLT?

CB and any other similar public radio has become virtually obsolete thanks to Texting, Twitter and Facebook.

By the way, its illegal to hack into phones of any kind. Ask Rupert M:shock:
SteveO

Re: hi people & fella cb/scanner users

Post by SteveO »

I had a JIL SX200 about 30 years ago :D
Steve