Hello from The Yarra Valley in Victoria.

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
Control Unit 1

Hello from The Yarra Valley in Victoria.

Post by Control Unit 1 »

Hello,

Firstly I just want to say that I love this web page, stumbled across it a few days ago and I'm hooked. :lol:

I been scanning since 1989, having about 7 scanners since then from the old bearcat handheld to mobile set in the car. Enjoy listening to police, fire and ambulance service, but since the police have moved to digital, I get my police "fix" on the VHF band Victorian Country.

As per another of my post today, looking to get back into CB radio, looking to purchase a Icom IC-400Pro for the car, do a bit of driving interstate at times and get sick of listening to crappy music, so why no UHF CB, had a TX4000 when it first came out in the early to mid 90's. Also just firing up the old AX144, getting a bit of skip into my crappy antenna on 35LSB.

Cheers

Brian 8)
UBCD396XT, TX4000, AX144
youngn
Forum Manager

Re: Hello from The Yarra Valley in Victoria.

Post by youngn »

G'Day and welcome (again) :lol:

Good to have you here, and I'm sure everyone appreciates the nice words too!

Thanks for your introduction, and from what I've gathered so far the IC-400 Pro would suit your needs nicely.

I've also heard those AX144's can be quite popular! I've never really dabbled into AM CB, as much as I've wanted to.

All the best,
"YOUNGN"
"YOUNGN"
Control Unit 1

Post by Control Unit 1 »

Thanks YOUNGN looks like the Icom the way to go. AM CB in much much quiter these days, think most of turned to thinks like Facebook and the web :(
UBCD396XT, TX4000, AX144
juzzhall1

Post by juzzhall1 »

Hey there I'm the the valley too.. Just got my hands on a digital scanner as I'm in the CFA trying to program the thing is a nightmare! Good to see a local

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk