New Ultralight Radio Case - 29/01/2014

Brag about your radio and scanner (home, mobile, work, handheld) installations here, post photos and give us the specifications of each device
tanger32au

New Ultralight Radio Case - 29/01/2014

Post by tanger32au »

Following my recent acquisition of a 7.5” Loopstick Tecsun PL-380 ultimate ultralight dxing radio (with many thanks to Gary DeBock) I thought I should invest in a carry case to protect this.

In the past I have used camera bags and I did also have one of the hard ABS type cases in the past but for this I decided that this type of case would work better. After checking the sizes online and confirming this in store I am very pleased with the size as it allows me to carry:
- Two ultralight radios
- Spare batteries
- Earphones
- A small torch
- My logging sheets on a clipboard and some spare pens

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VL10DVCb0Ng/U ... se+(1).JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TFdZAtC6iUs/U ... se+(2).JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ucWxm1xJGQY/U ... se+(3).JPG
Spectre

Re: New Ultralight Radio Case - 29/01/2014

Post by Spectre »

Glad to see you finally upgraded to the aluminium equipment cases whilst looking spiffy/professional your gear is super protected within, the soft/smaller cases you used to use would still be good for "back packing" as fitting that case in a ruck sack would certainly be impractical.

I haven't seen you post in a while, has your site been down recently as well? :?
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040
tanger32au

Post by tanger32au »

Thanks for the reply.

I have been away from the radio hobby for the past few months, site is back up now :)
tanger32au

Post by tanger32au »

Ultralight DXing: New Radio Carry Case

Recently I have been looking for a good carry case for my ultralight radios. In the past I have used a couple of digital camera bags and cases with various levels of success.

After doing some research on a better way to carry these I had settled on a Pelican brand carry case (which was very expensive) until I was browsing at my local super cheap auto store where I came across a new range of cases they are stocking, the case I decided on was this model which is 1/6 the price of the equivalent Pelican brand model.

This cases fits my two ultralight radios, earphones, spare batteries, note pad and some pens.

SCA Safe Case - 345x290x145mm - Supercheap Auto Australia

Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Nice looking case and even more attractive price.

Sent from my g04ref using Tapatalk
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040