comps splatter over scanners

Brag about your radio and scanner (home, mobile, work, handheld) installations here, post photos and give us the specifications of each device
MrBlingo

comps splatter over scanners

Post by MrBlingo »

Hi all , Not sure if i have posted this in the right place but... got some sound artifacts coming over the scanner on various freqs from my comps(mostly VHF)... tried moving antennas,scanners ,comps even different types of ant cable around my shak to see if i can get less interference ...Nah no good... well got a great result 40 feet away outside near the dog kennel (and i aint movin in there) :wink: . I like using the interface software with my scanners but your restricted to a few feet away from the comp with the short cables... so you cant search/scan properly without locking out way to much of the spectrum -maybe some one has gone through this before and has a few tips to share
thanks in advance MR BLINGO
bc346xt
ubc780xlt
ubc72xlt
Lafayette HE30
Degan DE1103
Backup/powerfailure - two tin cans and some string
Vaio e series laptop 18 month old
Toshiba satellite laptop 8ish year old
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: comps splatter over scanners

Post by rochedalescan »

Hi welcome to the forums :)

Did you try moving the antenna 40 ft away out to the kennel ? I used to have a problem with my radios interfering with the computer monitor a while ago.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
MrBlingo

Re: comps splatter over scanners

Post by MrBlingo »

Thanks 4 the info... but i had another look at the cable i was using...BINGO there was the problem ...Got the right stuff and im picking up no interference / splatter from the comps at all

thanks

"i never forget anything i remember"