Welcome to the Aussie Scanners group, register today and join in the fun!!!  The main website, forum and tapatalk have all been updated...  Why not introduce yourself in the member introductions forum ? ...

Homemade directional antenna for 420-470hz ideas

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!

Homemade directional antenna for 420-470hz ideas

Postby mervo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:46 am

Hi all,

I'm hoping to build a Yagi style directional antenna so as to receive pager data from the local tower.

Unfortunately I don't get good signal via traditional scanner antenna methods, regardless of placement in the yard.

Does anyone have any joy with home made antennas?

The frequency I listen to is around 420 - however I will be listening to RFS when it heats up.

Thanks!

Merv
mervo

Re: Homemade directional antenna for 420-470hz ideas

Postby Phantom » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Ok

This may or may not be of some use to you… but after a quick search thru the net, I came up with this:

http://www.vk5dj.com/yagi.html
Use the above to calculate the yogi dimensions (Driven,reflector etc)

and
http://www.w6pql.com/antennas.htm

From the above, you should be able to make a yogi that is suitable for your needs and band.

If you are after other types of antenna, have a "google" and see what you require. I suitable Dipole could also do the job - depending on your location - given that you are RX on the antenna
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Homemade directional antenna for 420-470hz ideas

Postby mervo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:11 am

Oh wow, sorry, I didn't see your reply - Thanks! I'm checking out the links now!
mervo

Return to Data & Pager Technologies