EAS (148.9125) is POCSAG?

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
juzzbott

Re: EAS (148.9125) is POCSAG?

Post by juzzbott »

So, after playing around with this some more, I've found out there is a sweet spot I can put the antenna to be able to decode on the EAS frequency. The only problem is the antenna cable has to hang across the room. As soon as I move the cable along the wall, it drops out again :(

So I don't think it's a great antenna cable that came with the unit. I'm thinking about changing to a nooelec dongle, with the 0.5ppm, and seeing if that helps, along with changing the antenna as well, as this is just annoying to get a decent decode.
chainz

Post by chainz »

I've got a brand new one for sale if your interested
juzzbott

Post by juzzbott »

Thanks for the offer mate, I've played around some more, and found a sweet spot, where I can mount the antenna nice and high, and have all the cable tucked out of the way. Thanks for all your help in getting this sorted, certainly didn't expect this much trouble haha.
chainz

Post by chainz »

Its a bit odd that it would get one of them perfect but then the other frequency not. At least you have it going now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk