Smtp email help plz

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
cjl_72

Smtp email help plz

Post by cjl_72 »

Can anyone maybe share a pic of their email settings? Trying to get it to sendImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
comport1

Re: Smtp email help plz

Post by comport1 »

cjl_72 wrote:Can anyone maybe share a pic of their email settings? Trying to get it to send
I have found any easy and simple solution for using Gmail (Google Email) for Email Notifications from PDW. You use a dedicated email address from gmail, and send it to yoursellf to another or same Gmail account. In this example, i send it to an Outlook Account. Check out the screenshot below, and it's obvious, change "username" to your actual username!

Settings required:

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
To & From: your.username@gmail.com
Port: 465
SSL: Ticked
Enable Authentication
Username
Password

And thats it!!
PDW_EMAIL.jpg

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
------------------------------------------
Comport1
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

comport1 wrote:
cjl_72 wrote:Can anyone maybe share a pic of their email settings? Trying to get it to send
I have found any easy and simple solution for using Gmail (Google Email) for Email Notifications from PDW. You use a dedicated email address from gmail, and send it to yoursellf to another or same Gmail account. In this example, i send it to an Outlook Account. Check out the screenshot below, and it's obvious, change "username" to your actual username!

Settings required:

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
To & From: your.username@gmail.com
Port: 465
SSL: Ticked
Enable Authentication
Username
Password

And thats it!!
PDW_EMAIL.jpg

Cheers
Thats what i have done except my port is 25 and i cannot see ssl next to it like urs...

But my smtp host is aspmx.l.google.com

Also i do not have enable authentication ticked... what does it do?Image

comport1

Post by comport1 »

What version of PDW are you running??
Comport1
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

3.12... it was one or ur posts i saw that gave me the google addy i used ImageImage

comport1

Post by comport1 »

I think on an old post of mine,i advised i was using the aspmx way, and used to work good, but they must of changed something or had errors or something, so i changed it, so use the new way that i have posted, but make sure you have PDW Version 3.2b01, google that for the latest download link.
Comport1
comport1

Post by comport1 »

Ok, we must of posted at the same time. So you have an older version, 3.12. Upgrade to the new version v3.2b01 and it will give you the new options...
Comport1
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

Whats the difference with ssl and port 465 instead of 25. It is working well atm...
What does authentication do?

comport1

Post by comport1 »

cjl_72 wrote:Whats the difference with ssl and port 465 instead of 25. It is working well atm...
Its all about the way it connects to the server. Instead of typing it here, just Google it. It tells you everything about these ports and what they mean. SSL is Secure Sockets Laying, its all about encryption and etc etc. Good ol google search will answer that for you.

So correct me here, you say its working ok at the moment? I only answered the post because you said you couldn't get it to send??

Cheers
Comport1
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

comport1 wrote:
cjl_72 wrote:Whats the difference with ssl and port 465 instead of 25. It is working well atm...
Its all about the way it connects to the server. Instead of typing it here, just Google it. It tells you everything about these ports and what they mean. SSL is Secure Sockets Laying, its all about encryption and etc etc. Good ol google search will answer that for you.

So correct me here, you say its working ok at the moment? I only answered the post because you said you couldn't get it to send??

Cheers
Yes after asking i went looking and found your old post.. i will upgrade tomorrow and use your new recommended settings. Image

comport1

Post by comport1 »

Ok no worries, let us know how you go. I have also answered some of your other posts in reagrds to PDW too. Hope they help.

Cheers
Comport1
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

comport1 wrote:Ok no worries, let us know how you go. I have also answered some of your other posts in reagrds to PDW too. Hope they help.

Cheers
Most definately will keep you posted. Now i just need to get new antenna which i hope to get sorted tomorrow.

cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

comport1 wrote:

Cheers
Kk version 3.2bo1 up and running with your recommended email settings ImageImage