QFRS Codes

firescan

Re: QFRS Codes

Post by firescan »

Mitch is right.. In most cases the fleet number is used.. but when the fleet numbers get changed over in the CAD system, it needs to be allocated something, and so a random set of ZZ callsigns is used... Just means they used that instead of the fleet number..
UBC73XLT, IC-400 Pro
Comint

Post by Comint »

mitch wrote: Station 35 is the "main" one in Rocky (southside) with the most and largest variety in appliances. However the workshops are located at the back of 34, North Rocky. They normally have appliances out there which are no longer in use parked out the back of the workshop so it is quite possible they were moving some of those around.
If appliances "are no longer in use" as in "awaiting disposal" etc. then FireCom would not be interested in their movements. Apart from the fact, that such vehicles probably no longer have radios fitted.

--
Comint
fir3viking
Newly Registered Users

Post by fir3viking »

528 victor is a large water tanker. eg looks like a fuel truck. it is marked up with al the livery and lights as well.
mitchellky

Post by mitchellky »

Victors i believe are water tankers.
Lowood stn 74 has one. They do attend to bacl up Rural Units Alot.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

mitchellky wrote:Victors i believe are water tankers.
Lowood stn 74 has one. They do attend to bacl up Rural Units Alot.
Correct

Mitch Rogers
Gearbox92

Post by Gearbox92 »

In terms of crewing, anyone know what the first and second numbers refer to when an appliance is stating their crew. I'm guessing it's something to do with level of training for certain things?

Eg, "turning out with a crew of 1 & 3" etc...

Cheers.
311alpha

Post by 311alpha »

1 officer and 3 firefighters. I think that minimum for urban firefighters is 1 and 3 but can do 1 and 4

For example:

314C turning out OIC Smith Crew of 1 and 3

Also I think it's for insurance purposes and for incident reports etc....
Cheers

311alpha (Station 11, South-Western region)
Gearbox92

Post by Gearbox92 »

Ta mate.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Full time urban's always run a crew of 1 + 3. One officer and three fire fighters. It doesn't get called over the radio as it's always the same.

In terms of auxilliary crews, due to the fact it changes every call, if the crew doesn't supply the crewing numbers, Firecom will ask for it. The one is made up of the captains and lieutenants. Having said that, if the crew is made up of 3 officers, the crewing will still be 1 + 2 if that makes sense.

It lets the OIC (if it's the second responding pump) know if he's got officers or whatnot responding plus it's an accountability issue if it turned to s**t.

Cheers

Mitch
Mitch Rogers
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

1 & 3 is usual for Urban Permanent crews but 1 & 2 is minimum.
31 Station ran 1&2 day shift Sunday. This meant that they responded code 30 to every job and a second pump was always sent on turnout.
60 pumps

Post by 60 pumps »

jas27791 wrote:Sorry to dig up an old thread,

I was listening to Firecom central and I heard a Zulu Zulu callsign. (Sorry I can't remember the station number)

Has anyone heard of a Zulu Zulu?
Thangool station has a zulu truck acts as spare for 5 stations and used at some calls