645Kilo

FirefighterDown

645Kilo

Post by FirefighterDown »

I wasn't aware of a Kilo Unit belonging to Station 45 in Ipswich. Apparently it was dispatched not long ago over Easter with swift water techs. Frankly I've been to Station 45 a couple times inside it and haven't seen anything that resembles it. I remember seeing the Yankee, Alpha, Juliette and a white Toyota pickup (Echo Alpha32?).

Anybody got information or pictures?
Comint

Re: 645Kilo

Post by Comint »

Every time I have been past there, it has been a Mike (Command and Rescue Vehicle), and a bit hard to miss.

--
Comint
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Sometimes a kilo can run as a pump. Meaning sometimes it can be a Type 4 Scania or a Mercedes Atego yet still run as a kilo due to the gear they put on the truck. It's my belief that 645K only runs when 645M is offline. I'll have a listen and get back to you
Mitch Rogers
Stretch
Forum Manager

645Kilo

Post by Stretch »

645M still on the run. Idea popped into my head over dinner. If 645M is online and 645K is running around it's manned with swift water techs and only used throughout extreme weather situations (ie Easter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitch Rogers
FirefighterDown

Post by FirefighterDown »

Ah, so it doubles as Mike or an Alpha. I was thinking it was a whole new appliance, possibly an emergency tender. Fair enough if they just change the call-sign from Alpha/Mike to Kilo while keeping the same appliance.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

FirefighterDown wrote:Ah, so it doubles as Mike or an Alpha. I was thinking it was a whole new appliance, possibly an emergency tender. Fair enough if they just change the call-sign from Alpha/Mike to Kilo while keeping the same appliance.
Yeah If they really need it they strip all the unnecessary gear off for an rescue pumper and just put enough gear on to be an ET
Mitch Rogers
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

645kilo usally is the spare pump at ipswich station. i have seen it running around as a firepac and scania .