Couple Of Questions

Post Reply
User avatar
Stretch
Registered User
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:

Couple Of Questions

Post by Stretch » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Firsty, what's a ROCC,

I'm guessing something like a Regional Operations Control/Comms Centre. But that's just a guess.

Secondly, does anyone know if 502L carries a pager. It has Urban Search And Rescue (USAR) on the back and I get USAR pager messages all the time and I've only just made the connection. Anyone know?
Mitch Rogers

FirefighterDown
Registered User
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:36 pm
Location: QLD, Australia

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by FirefighterDown » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Stretch wrote:Firsty, what's a ROCC,

I'm guessing something like a Regional Operations Control/Comms Centre. But that's just a guess.

Secondly, does anyone know if 502L carries a pager. It has Urban Search And Rescue (USAR) on the back and I get USAR pager messages all the time and I've only just made the connection. Anyone know?
Regional Operational Command Center.

Comint
Senior Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by Comint » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Stretch wrote: . . and I get USAR pager messages all the time and I've only just made the connection. Anyone know?
I think you will find that the USAR pagers belong to the State USAR teams at Cannon Hill (Stn 50), and/or at Hendra (Stn 11).

--
Comint

User avatar
Stretch
Registered User
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by Stretch » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks guys.

Comint - Station 50. None at Hendra only 511A and 511Y
Mitch Rogers

Comint
Senior Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by Comint » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Stretch wrote:Thanks guys.

Comint - Station 50. None at Hendra only 511A and 511Y
When Hendra was first commissioned, it was in two parts, The front part was the local station, and the rear part was used by USAR for their Fly-away kits, as it was close to the Airport. This was long before Cannon Hill came on line.

--
Comint

User avatar
Stretch
Registered User
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by Stretch » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:01 am

Would that be pre 2005?? Coz Cannon Hill was built sometime around 2005 and atleast one of the trucks (850L) was stationed at Annerley (Callsign TR3 - this was before the new callsigns).

Interesting bit of info, one I've never come across before. Thanks :)
Mitch Rogers

Comint
Senior Member
Posts: 1603
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by Comint » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Stretch wrote:Would that be pre 2005?? Coz Cannon Hill was built sometime around 2005 and atleast one of the trucks (850L) was stationed at Annerley (Callsign TR3 - this was before the new callsigns).

Interesting bit of info, one I've never come across before. Thanks :)
Hendra (Station 11) opened on 1 January 2000, replacing Hamilton (6) and Nundah (11) stations.

There used to be a Technical Rescue at Annerley, but it was a small truck (5 tonne at most), which I understand was inherited from the QAS when QFRS became the sole Rescue agency in Qld, in the 90s.

--
Comint
Last edited by Comint on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stretch
Registered User
Posts: 3527
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Contact:

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by Stretch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks for your help :)
Mitch Rogers

FireyPete
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:54 pm
Location: Hatton Vale (near Laidley)

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by FireyPete » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 pm

FirefighterDown wrote:
Stretch wrote:Firsty, what's a ROCC,

I'm guessing something like a Regional Operations Control/Comms Centre. But that's just a guess.

Secondly, does anyone know if 502L carries a pager. It has Urban Search And Rescue (USAR) on the back and I get USAR pager messages all the time and I've only just made the connection. Anyone know?
Regional Operational Command Center.
Your pretty close, its not command its Regional Operations Co-ordination Centre
It was changed back in August 08 from RFCC (Regional Fire Co-ordination Centre)
Peter

GME 6200 (getting a real scanner real soon)

rossmutz
Registered User
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by rossmutz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Comint wrote:
Stretch wrote:Would that be pre 2005?? Coz Cannon Hill was built sometime around 2005 and atleast one of the trucks (850L) was stationed at Annerley (Callsign TR3 - this was before the new callsigns).

Interesting bit of info, one I've never come across before. Thanks :)
Hendra (Station 11) opened on 1 January 2000, replacing Hamilton (6) and Nundah (11) stations.

There used to be a Technical Rescue at Annerley, but it was a small truck (5 tonne at most), which I understand was inherited from the QAS when QFRS became the sole Rescue agency in Qld, in the 90s.

--
Comint
TR3 was actually the old Southport ET 531. Would have been 631K in today's callsigns.

rossmutz
Registered User
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by rossmutz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Stretch wrote:Thanks guys.

Comint - Station 50. None at Hendra only 511A and 511Y
There are two USAR caches. Special Ops at Cannon Hill and Townsville (814N).

rossmutz
Registered User
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Couple Of Questions

Post by rossmutz » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Comint wrote:
Stretch wrote: . . and I get USAR pager messages all the time and I've only just made the connection. Anyone know?
I think you will find that the USAR pagers belong to the State USAR teams at Cannon Hill (Stn 50), and/or at Hendra (Stn 11).

--
Comint
All USAR technicians in Qld carry these pagers.

Post Reply