Just Got new Insight into ComCo codes

trainguard

Post by trainguard »

hey guys

Ok here's how I've come by this info. my cousin has become a QPS office last year and i was picking his brain ova a few things...

they were as follows:

Code 1 - procced Lights and Sirens (audio to be swiched off when close to incident) only given under hostage situations or when persons commiting a BNE are still on site and haven't been alerted to police intervention.

Code 2 - (of corse every one knows) lights and sirens

Code 3 - no lights and sirens needed as their is no imeadate threat to officers or public

code 4 - (rarely used but has been given) usealy given if COMco thinks that it maybe a hoax caller due to call info

Type 2(s) 2A - been charged and convicted off DUIL\D
2B - been charged and convicted of driving unlicenced

Perm DNA - they have a perminate DNA record on file

POI - Person Of Intrest
VOI - Vehicle Of Intrest
QV- Query Vehicle

and queensland police do use the U.S verson of DUI but we call it DUIL Driving Under the Influence of Liquer, and DUID Driving... Drugs

He also informed me of a new type soon to be used Type 3A - Knowen\Recored Substance abuser (petrol, paint, glue, etc)

thats what I've been able to get so far

hope this gives some insight into QPS
If I am wrong on these please by all means post what you've come across and i'll ask him (he has ben knowen to joke around with me) but he's very reliable
David
Uniden UH7700NB, UBC355XLT
trainguard

Re: Just Got new Insight into ComCo codes

Post by trainguard »

Oh forgot, as for TYPE 2B it also includes Misc Driving Offences. sorry
David
Comint

Post by Comint »

It is my understanding that Code 4 is a "negotiated response".

If a complainant is required to be at the 'crime scene' when Police are in attendance, but is unable to be there at the same time that police resources are available, then the ComCo will negotiate with the complainant to attend at some mutually agreed time (usually within 12 hours).

Ask what PAX or PACKS is.

--
Comint
mstrkrft

Post by mstrkrft »

Not so sure about that code one description.. Every time i've heard it basically just means they should of been there 10 mins ago.. Confirmed murders, cops getting seriously assaulted etc etc

If it was an indication to turn the siren off when approaching job every breakers-on job would be code 1
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

mstrkrft wrote:Not so sure about that code one description.. Every time i've heard it basically just means they should of been there 10 mins ago.. Confirmed murders, cops getting seriously assaulted etc etc

If it was an indication to turn the siren off when approaching job every breakers-on job would be code 1
I'm inclined to back you on that one. Though I've never heard a code one job, even armed hold ups are code 2 which logic says you turn your sirens off on approach if offenders still on scene. Code one must be the most serious of serious cases.

Cheers,
Mitch
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitch Rogers
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

These are standard emergency response codes used by emergency services in Queensland. Most other states use the same system. Code 1 is immediate response, life threatening, lights and sirens. Code 2 is urgent, use lights and sirens if and where necessary. Code 3 is basically, "make this your next job". Code 4 is available but never used, or at least rarely used. Ambulance and Firies used Code 1 frequently but the only time I have ever head QPS use code 1, in over 30 years, is when a fellow officer was being seriously assaulted. Basically, it would have to be an extreme situation for Com Co to give a Code 1 . If radio_$cott has a quick look through these forums, he will find a wealth of information on call signs, job codes and other nomenclature used by all emergency services
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

Oops, sorry radio_$scott, that should have been trainguard to peruse the forum, sorry!!! Looks like I need new glasses, again!
nbus qld

Post by nbus qld »

I have heard a code one job be for in logan it was when some pregnant Mother was being Bashed so i think it might be for jobs like that.
517J and 517K.
Comint

Post by Comint »

Vkfour wrote:Ambulance and Firies used Code 1 frequently but the only time . . .
QFRS Code 1 has nothing to do with Lights and Sirens.

It is just a report that they have arrived on scene and are investigating.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

The only time I have heard and seen QPS responding Code 1 to a job - was a life threatening job. Wont go into the details - but needless to say that they had lights AND sirens ON - and they were travelling at a GREAT RATE OF KNOTS !!!!

Flew past me, like I was standing still .....
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

Comint wrote:It is my understanding that Code 4 is a "negotiated response".

If a complainant is required to be at the 'crime scene' when Police are in attendance, but is unable to be there at the same time that police resources are available, then the ComCo will negotiate with the complainant to attend at some mutually agreed time (usually within 12 hours).

--
Comint

i've never heard this been given over the radio b4. you've def pricked my ears up on this message. next time i'm over my uncle's place i'll ask and see what he says :wink: . in the mean time dude if you do come across it b4 i do can you please post it here TY
David
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

Vkfour wrote:These are standard emergency response codes used by emergency services in Queensland. Most other states use the same system. Code 1 is immediate response, life threatening, lights and sirens. Code 2 is urgent, use lights and sirens if and where necessary. Code 3 is basically, "make this your next job". Code 4 is available but never used, or at least rarely used. Ambulance and Firies used Code 1 frequently but the only time I have ever head QPS use code 1, in over 30 years, is when a fellow officer was being seriously assaulted. Basically, it would have to be an extreme situation for Com Co to give a Code 1 . If radio_$cott has a quick look through these forums, he will find a wealth of information on call signs, job codes and other nomenclature used by all emergency services
hello Vkfour, yes i do understand that there are past posts on this very same subject. but iam just going off the conversation my cousin and i was having that day. my cousin in the 23yrs I have knowen him has never gave me the worng information on a subject. so i do appologise if i miss interporated some of the answers i was being told but to my knowlage iam sure on what i posted was correct but again i do appologise if i have gotten anything wrong
David
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

this is grate i've never been able to find on any forums this much support and wealth of infromation and oppinions.
thank you to everyone who has been replying on this post it's grate to have this level of support and intrest in my hobby :D
David
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

trainguard wrote:

--
Comint

i've never heard this been given over the radio b4. you've def pricked my ears up on this message. next time i'm over my uncle's place i'll ask and see what he says :wink: . in the mean time dude if you do come across it b4 i do can you please post it here TY
ok did some digging and if you go back to your forum posts for 09 that noodles88 started here's the link:
http://www.aussiescanners.com/forum/vie ... =63&t=1753 i would agree with what you, rochedalescan and stretch is posting but will still ask to clarify
David
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

trainguard wrote:
trainguard wrote:

--
Comint

ok did some digging and if you go back to your forum posts for 09 that noodles88 started here's the link:
http://www.aussiescanners.com/forum/vie ... =63&t=1753 i would agree with what you, rochedalescan and stretch is posting but will still ask to clarify
sorry in regard to QPRIME and CRISP etc..
David
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

trainguard wrote:
trainguard wrote:
trainguard wrote:i've never heard this been given over the radio b4. you've def pricked my ears up on this message. next time i'm over my uncle's place i'll ask and see what he says :wink: . in the mean time dude if you do come across it b4 i do can you please post it here TY
sorry in regard to QPRIME and CRISP etc..
it may or maynot to be inrelation to QP numbers and Police Link reports... then again a "QP" number is generated by QPRIME i think??? hmm defenately a head srcatcher this one :lol:
David
quidifa

Post by quidifa »

Hey All,

The following should clear a few things up (I hope)....

PAC = Police Assistance Centre. QPS Ring this when entering information about crime occurrences into QPRIME. An officer cannot generate a crime occurence without ringing PAC.

Reponse Codes:
Officially, according to the QPS safe drive policy there is no difference in the manner of driving for Code1/2 jobs. The difference is what there is an imminent risk to: Code One: Imminent Risk to Life, Code Two: Imminent Risk to property. Thoeretically to cover their backside when driving either code1/2 lights and sirens should always be used.

Code 4 jobs while they are in CAD as code 4, are given to crews as code 3. If crews sometimes cant raise anyone at the job address will tell comms to code 4 it to a later crew.

New Codes:
Yep, new codes exist - They are a couple of new job codes and quite a few new confirmation codes mostly relating to EEOs and are around the 83X series.
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

quidifa wrote:Hey All,

The following should clear a few things up (I hope)....

PAC = Police Assistance Centre. QPS Ring this when entering information about crime occurrences into QPRIME. An officer cannot generate a crime occurence without ringing PAC.

Reponse Codes:
Officially, according to the QPS safe drive policy there is no difference in the manner of driving for Code1/2 jobs. The difference is what there is an imminent risk to: Code One: Imminent Risk to Life, Code Two: Imminent Risk to property. Thoeretically to cover their backside when driving either code1/2 lights and sirens should always be used.

Code 4 jobs while they are in CAD as code 4, are given to crews as code 3. If crews sometimes cant raise anyone at the job address will tell comms to code 4 it to a later crew.

New Codes:
Yep, new codes exist - They are a couple of new job codes and quite a few new confirmation codes mostly relating to EEOs and are around the 83X series.
OH... well there you go you do learn something new every day :lol: I thank you very much for your post quidifa
i'm still yet to hear of the type 3a new QPRIME code but by what you are saying here makes alot of sence considering people now are getting realy cluey in getting through the loop holes of all the different codes and acts out there. i'm sure there would be away to posabily sue a police crew if they hit your car while responding to a code 1 in the way i described it lights no siren cause "how could i hear them comming while i was reversing out my drive your honnor?" excuse springs to mind to say in court

oh and comint.. quidifa beat me to it :P :lol: that sounds like what PACs would mean. Thanks again quidifa
David
mstrkrft

Post by mstrkrft »

Gold Coast comms often use code 3a...

In regards to code one jobs I've heard 4

2 were police officers shot and killed
1 was regarding a father who murdered his son and walked out into the street with him in his arms
And one was only last week where a crew turned up to a disturbance and starting getting assaulted by multiple offenders

I guarantee that for all of those job lights and sirens were on and crews were traveling close to the speed of sound
mitch

Post by mitch »

Vkfour wrote:These are standard emergency response codes used by emergency services in Queensland. Most other states use the same system. Code 1 is immediate response, life threatening, lights and sirens. Code 2 is urgent, use lights and sirens if and where necessary. Code 3 is basically, "make this your next job". Code 4 is available but never used, or at least rarely used. Ambulance and Firies used Code 1 frequently but the only time I have ever head QPS use code 1, in over 30 years, is when a fellow officer was being seriously assaulted. Basically, it would have to be an extreme situation for Com Co to give a Code 1 . If radio_$cott has a quick look through these forums, he will find a wealth of information on call signs, job codes and other nomenclature used by all emergency services
I agree with comint here, Firies Code 1 is definitely not what you have said there, so mustn't be uniform across QLD emergency Services.