New Fire Stations

Discussion on; police, fire, ambulance & voluntary rescue services
stingray

New Fire Stations

Post by stingray »

Just Curious.

Does anyone know the location for the new QFRS stations at Brassall and Ripley?

Have they started building them yet?

Stingray
Phil
Administrator

Re: New Fire Stations

Post by Phil »

now had a look around Ripley when it is completed will replace Station 45 Ipswich and Brassall will be a new station these both should be completed by 2012
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
coghilla

New Fire Stations

Post by coghilla »

The ripley station will beside the ripley valley rfb. Same with the rural district office
Aaron
stingray

Post by stingray »

Thanks for the info.

Aaron,do you know how much brigade area Ripley Valley Rurals will be losing.

Stingray
BradT87

Post by BradT87 »

As a guess only, if they're building the permanent station next to the rural one.... They will lose all their area (all their levies).
FirefighterDown

Post by FirefighterDown »

Aaron, can you tell me how you know this information? Because I was at Ripley Valley not long ago and their officers reckon the urban station will be in the town of Ripley, not right next door to the rural station. They frankly don't know if Ripley Valley Rural Fire Brigade will become a hybrid brigade (Auxiliary + Volunteers) or just be left as it is or even shutdown. Latter isn't likely, they will exist, just not sure in what form.

Frankly that's a dumb idea to build it next to the rural station, the rural station isn't even surrounded by properties. Its a good 10 minute drive to find the nearest house. As in the station is in the middle of nowhere, south Ripley.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

FirefighterDown wrote:Frankly that's a dumb idea to build it next to the rural station, the rural station isn't even surrounded by properties. Its a good 10 minute drive to find the nearest house. As in the station is in the middle of nowhere, south Ripley.
I thought of that because I've been out there before and there isn't much there.
Mitch Rogers
FirefighterDown

Stretch wrote:
FirefighterDown wrote:Frankly that's a dumb idea to build it next to the rural station, the rural station isn't even surrounded by properties. Its a good 10 minute drive to find the nearest house. As in the station is in the middle of nowhere, south Ripley.
I thought of that because I've been out there before and there isn't much there.
The nearby properties to the south and west of the station are abandoned and up for sale by local real estate offices. I tagged along on a area visit with Ripley Valley and only certian houses are populated around the station within a 10 minute radius. To be honest it'll just delay first response to the town and other properties out of reach. Rurals should be kept with perhaps one appliance of auxiliary to handle the south and the properties in the middle of nowhere. Give the auxiliary a yankee or something similar. But build the actual urban station inside the small neighbor town thingy of Ripley.

I cannot confirm if Station 45 is being shutdown inside Ipswich. I'm not entirely sure but I could find out. From what I thought, it'd stay open but be split up into 3 stations with various openings for new firefighters fresh from the academy. Personally I'd like to see more auxiliary stations inside the Ipswich area but that probably won't happen unfortunately...
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

From what I have heard, Ipswich will close down and be replaced with one to the North and South (Ripley)
Mitch Rogers
coghilla

New Fire Stations

Post by coghilla »

Sorry guys (and girls) if my location is/was wrong. Either my contact was wrong or I misheard.
sirles
Newly Registered Users

Post by sirles »

What you have to consider is the huge development about to take place in ripley valley. Whcih has just stated construction. Also the proximity to The cunningham Hwy and Centenry motrway.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... -wbgb.html
FirefighterDown

Stretch wrote:From what I have heard, Ipswich will close down and be replaced with one to the North and South (Ripley)
Gonna assume one will come into Brassall or somewhere in central Ipswich? Because N/S Ripley would drastically reduce response times inside the city of Ipswich. They need to keep one in North or South Ipswich at-least.
Comint

Post by Comint »

As implied in the first message, and stated in the Department of Community Safety - Budget Highlights Paper (page 5), there will be new Stations built at Brassall and Ripley, and they will REPLACE the Ipswich Station. They are expected to be operational by 2013.

--
Comint
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Thank you Comint
Mitch Rogers
nbus qld

Post by nbus qld »

Both Brassal and Ripley will open latter this year with Limestone street to close and be put up for sale. The Brassal station will be at Diamantina Bvd and Sovereign Crt.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/ipswich-fire- ... f/1802820/
517J and 517K.
austin34
Newly Registered Users

Post by austin34 »

Fire stations are necessary near fire aggressive areas. As the timely fore control saves lots of lives.
Fire hose reel is also useful for small fire spread.
nbus qld

Post by nbus qld »

Ripley may now be open as 645M is now 648M and they said going back to Ripley.

Some other info on it.
http://www.qt.com.au/news/in-emergency- ... n/1908234/
517J and 517K.
coghilla

Post by coghilla »

Ripley is operational as station 648. Unsure of the station number of Brassall or when it is expected to open, or if Ipswich is still open.
dmint3

Post by dmint3 »

Brassall will be station 49
Salis532

Post by Salis532 »

I believe station 49 may be operational as of today.