Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2

Discussion on Whistler technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Bigredtruck

Re: Whistler TRX-1 and TRX-2

Post by Bigredtruck »

G'day. Owned a couple of 396xts and a 436pt for some time now. Just branched out and imported a Whistler 1098. Had a bit of a play with it and used Excel to convert much of the data from the Unidens. Really liking the Whistler - seems to work really well (very sensitive) on high band VHF, and runs the RMR Victoria very well. Audio is superb. Love the smaller remote head - much better than the Uniden RH-96s I have used previously. Been able to set up the scanlists with the same quick-keys as my Unidens so the transition has been seamless. Once you get your head around the Ezy-Scan software - :D . Overall, thumbs up from me. (Not a TRX-2, but those new features not needed where I live in regional Victoria). No hesitation in recommending the 1098 - great little scanner.
Metradio

Post by Metradio »

New firmware with Australian Bandplan just released..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.

WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT.
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Metradio wrote:You might all be interested to know that Whistler have just released a firmware update for the TRX1, TRX2, WS1088 and WS1098 that has a selectable Australian Bandplan, selectable within the scanner...

Mike
A few bugs in the PC app with regards to selecting the Australian bandplan.
But as stated is selectable via the Programming Menu / Global Settings.

They nearly got it right. Hopefully an updated update soon to rectify the issue...
Metradio

Post by Metradio »

Whistler Firmware Upgrade SNAFU...
From Whistler Wendy 25/5/17

"We made a few updates to the EZ-Scan software to fix some issues that people were having.
Unfortunately all of our testing machines are not having any issues that some have reported with Windows 7 and 8 so I am not sure if this will address those issues or not. For those that are having the socket time out issue, please let me know if this update solves your issue.

The update is available on the download server and on our website.

As always - we appreciate your assistance in letting us know anything that you encounter. Please use the scannerbugreports@whistlergroup.com email address to report any bugs/issues.

HAPPY SCANNING!

Here is what was fixed/addressed:

•Fixed issue when selecting the Australian bandplan for a trunked system showing the bandplan as blank the next time the data folder was opened.

•Fixed issue when selecting the Australian bandplan on the General Settings tab where the option would not be preserved and the prompt to set a bandplan would appear on the next load.

•Fixed an issue in the bandplan prompt where the United Kingdom and Australian bandplans where not being presented and options to be selected.

•Fixed issue on conventional import where certain frequencies in the air band were being rejected as invalid frequencies when they were in fact valid.

•When importing conventional objects, the result page now has an option to display a listing of items that could not be imported. These items typically have a frequency outside the ranges supported by the scanner.

•Fixed a regression issue where frequencies imported between 450 MHz and 470 MHz were being imported 3.125 KHz higher than they should have been."

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.

WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT.
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

So what is the Australian band plan on the TRX-1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

When doing a 'limit search' with the Aus bandplan set the lowest freq I can enter in 'our VHF low band' is 70.0 MHz and the highest is 87.5 Mhz.

I hope that helps answer your question.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Some new updates now released.

PC App
CPU
Remote Control - Demo Software V2.0

Enjoying the ability to log details with my TRX-1 like I can with my Uniden units.

Also of note was this text "This is still a DEMO and the protocol has been provided for 3rd party developers to experiment and to create their own remote control UI."

So with that we may now see some more appealing software made available via the third parties.
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

It is great to have this ability with the TRX1 and TRX2 now.

Looking forward to seeing what is produced in the future by 3rd party developers with regards to software etc.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

X-Firey wrote:It is great to have this ability with the TRX1 and TRX2 now.

Looking forward to seeing what is produced in the future by 3rd party developers with regards to software etc.
Most definitely agree.
jwind31

Post by jwind31 »

Hi guys, i have recently bought a TRX1 with zip scanners and progress has been good till i got an email from the Director asking for a vaild ID or Passport as im been flagged fraud, i have rang them and ask why and they responed with they required ID as the bank flagged it? I paid via paypal? I have nothing to do with his bank? Paypal has mentioned that the money has been received by him on his paypal account.

My question i had is if any other people had and dramas like mine? Sounds suss?

Thanks
Jakob Windred

Uniden BCT7, BCD396XT, USDS100
Motorola DP3600, DP4801
Simoco SRM900 EO,AC,TU,UW with 9022 & 9030+
RTLSDR RTL2832U SDR#, Unitrunker, DSDplus Fastline
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

I had no issues with Zip Scanners. They were great and helpful when I got my TRX-1 through them.

I did not pay via PayPal though, I used a CC.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
jwind31

Post by jwind31 »

Thanks pumper,

I am still woundering if i should still send my licence to them?

What would your thoughts be?

Thanks
Jakob Windred

Motorola DP3600, DP4801
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Personally, I would be discussing this with your financial institution and/or the method via which you made payment.

It could be something simple, but some merchants get itchy feet when dealing with people from overseas.

Send a few emails seeking clarification as to which way they recommend you to go. Start with the medium for which you made payment and/or your financial institution for further guidance.

It's could be something simple that needs to be cleared up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jwind31

Post by jwind31 »

Thanks phantom,

I have email and have called overseas a few times now and they bank just need to comfirm my ID and my billing and shipping address is matching to the order?

I have spoken to paypal and there systems says there nothing wrong on the side of payment? If its all good from my bank and paypal? Why is it hard for them? Understand that US have a diffrent verification...

Im stuck in a sticky sistuation...
Jakob Windred

Motorola DP3600, DP4801
bathurstscan

Post by bathurstscan »

I bit the bullet short time ago and have TRX 1 - i am presently impressed with the radio. Although different to the Uniden and many other brands i have used - i am actively making up lists and folders .

I find it will be a great asset for Bathurst races - considering NXDN and DMR being used a lot now.

Bring on Bathurst 1000 say .

Note - im no longer living in Bathurst - located Mid North Coast , no more cold winters for me .
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

I am very happy with my TRX-1 and TRX-2.

I think you hit the nail on the head, they are different and this seems to be what some can't get the hang of. I think at the start we all had problems of some sort programming our later model Unidens etc, but through perseverance we worked it out.

A TRX is a must for the hardcore V8 fan these days due to Hytera and Kenwoods involvement.
At Phillip Island and Sandown there are V8 supercar repeater sites setup by 'Gearhouse Broadcasting' so a check of the ACMA database should reveal good info for Bathurst/Mount Panorama. I note there are listings for temporary radiocomms sites for Bathurst Races already.
bathurstscan

Post by bathurstscan »

There sure is sites on acma for Bathurst - I've nearly sussed my lists - RACE Control was DMR last year and will be again
Skinny
Newly Registered Users

Post by Skinny »

Hi All
It seems the latest EZ-scan update to 2.25.0.543, the Australian bandplan has disappeared again
Ive had to go back to 2.24.0.535 just to keep things normal, it may have no effect leaving the
selection blank in the General Config Settings in 2.25.0.543.

Bit of a pain having to chase them up with each update to correct it.

--
Skinny
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

I have done the latest PC Application update for my TRX-1 and TRX-2 and the Australian bandplan is still there under General Configuration Settings.

I haven't checked for an update for the CPU firmware or DSP firmware yet. I usually wait a while to let things settle if there is an issue. Yes, it is a pain chasing them up, you would think that it would all be checked before release.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

I updated as soon as it was released and the Australian bandplan was selectable on both the PC app and the scanner direct.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk