New radio

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
UHF-VHF

New radio

Post by UHF-VHF »

Guys Im in the hunt for a new radio… I want it to do uhf and scanner all goodies. I had a baofeng uv-5r plus and sold it because i don't want to get my self into s#!t. So I'm after something good, Best unit money can buy. What do you guys suggest? Two seperate units or and all in one… Thanks in advance guys.
Comint

Re: New radio

Post by Comint »

UHF-VHF wrote:Guys Im in the hunt for a new radio… I want it to do uhf and scanner all goodies. I had a baofeng uv-5r plus and sold it because i don't want to get my self into s#!t. So I'm after something good, Best unit money can buy. What do you guys suggest? Two seperate units or and all in one… Thanks in advance guys.
You don't say what you mean by "I want it to do UHF".
Do you just want to transmit on UHF CB.
Mobile or Handheld.

I would suggest two separate units.
As for the scanner, I would suggest the UBCD396XT. However, it might be worth holding off on that purchase, as Uniden (America) is supposed to be making an announcement about new product/s, on November 16, although the product/s will not be available till at least the first quarter next year.

--
Comint
UHF-VHF

Post by UHF-VHF »

Hey mate, How are you? Yeah i would like to chat to all the guys on the 1-80 cb channels. and yes, handheld please.
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

UHF-VHF wrote:Hey mate, How are you? Yeah i would like to chat to all the guys on the 1-80 cb channels. and yes, handheld please.
What is it that you want to listen to on on the scanner??

As for UHF CB, go with Icom or GME, stay away from Unidens "high end" gear
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
leighbus

Post by leighbus »

I recently bought a gme tx3540 for the car because it does all that stuff (scanner, uhf etc) cost me $420 and I'm very unhappy with it. The sound quality coming out of it is crap and although I've only used it to speak to someone once they told me they could hardly hear me and they had to turn their volume all the way up. I think the only thing I like about it is that it has alpha tagging.

I really don't know what everyone hates about uniden, the best radio I ever owned was a uniden UHO15sx remote head, scanner and uhf in one, everything just worked and sounded great and was easy to use.