Brisbane Press Photographer - NEED ADVICE

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
chriso145
Newly Registered Users

Post by chriso145 »

G'Day Guys,

I am a press & news photographer based in Brisbane, QLD and I am looking at purchasing an emergency band scanner to help get advanced warning on police incidents and emergencies.

Apologies for the noob questions but can anyone point me in the right direction for a high quality scanner and where it is best to buy from? Not looking to blow the bank but it does need to be hand held so I can use it when on foot in the CBD.

I seem to be able to find the frequencies for Police operations easily enough, but obviously I am looking for something that can scan all Police + Fire and Ambulance frequencies if possible.

Thanks
Chris
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

QPS in the Brisbane CBD - Sorry - no scanner will be able to help you. It is digital and encrypted!

QFRS/QAS - any scanner out there would be suitable.

Frequencies are listed here on the website. Good luck in your line of work - although I do believe that you are allowed to listen to Emergency services, however one is not allowed to profit from them? I could be incorrect with that statement thou!
Phil
Administrator

Re: Brisbane Press Photographer - NEED ADVICE

Post by Phil »

Chris,

welcome to the forums. as Phantom stated the Police in all of Metro Brisbane are Encrypted so please do not waste your time. it may be best to contact me off the forum and i can chat to you further about a few things

phil@aussiescanners.com
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
alinco21

Re: Brisbane Press Photographer - NEED ADVICE

Post by alinco21 »

Most news agencies have a web site link that QPS allows access to to so you know what is happening with in the digital radio network, so I am told.
mstrkrft

Post by mstrkrft »

alinco21 wrote:Most news agencies have a web site link that QPS allows access to to so you know what is happening with in the digital radio network, so I am told.
That system is useless, no point in wasting his time trying to apply for it
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Agree. These systems are HEAVILY moderated and what they do put on them greatly delayed.