NEEDING A GOOD DESKTOP

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
AIRMAN

NEEDING A GOOD DESKTOP

Post by AIRMAN »

Anyone here recommend a reliable analog desktop other than Uniden?

GRE is selling at Scannermaster with reasonable pricing (around $200). Anyone got one of these?
Comint

Re: NEEDING A GOOD DESKTOP

Post by Comint »

AIRMAN wrote:GRE is selling at Scannermaster with reasonable pricing (around $200). Anyone got one of these?
What Model? They have at least 3.

--
Comint
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

GRE doesnt cover the 70mhz band, I have the Gre PSR-410 & the Uniden BCT15X

Love them the same
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

Thanks BG....the vhf 70 mHz band isn't really of interest to me, so I don't think I'd miss it.

I guess you got yours from Scannermaster?

How many weeks did it take to get to you from payment time?

Were you satisfied with it on arrival?

Did you have do buy an Australian plug for it?
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

AIRMAN wrote:Thanks BG....the vhf 70 mHz band isn't really of interest to me, so I don't think I'd miss it.

I guess you got yours from Scannermaster?

How many weeks did it take to get to you from payment time?

Were you satisfied with it on arrival?

Did you have do buy an Australian plug for it?
The 70mhz band covers the QFRS VHF fire ground as well as RFB's and as you know some ambo freqs out your way

Yes I got mine from Scannermaster, The GRE PSR-410 arrived here on Friday the 10th June, it was well packaged with no damage to the outside box. Not bad as I ordered it the 3rd June at 10:30pm local time, 7 days to my doorstep was worth the $78 for postage.

The only downfall I can find is the unique power plug that GRE uses, as its not a common plug here in Australia or New Zealand for that matter.

The only thing that I needed was a power supply that could power this unit (12v@600mA) so I went for theDSE cheap power supply . I cut off the power plug off the american power pack & used it on the DSE power supply.
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
dags

Post by dags »

yea bodyguard i bought a gre of scannermaster my self had to do exactly what you had to do with power supply