Vote channels in scanners?

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
gaz54

Vote channels in scanners?

Post by gaz54 »

Just wondering whether any of the newer scanners can handle vote groups properly?

I use them in my TX3600s and TX3800s for the emergency services in the areas that I travel but they are limited to 5 channels of a maximum 5 frequencies in each. Ipswich police for instance now use at least 9 frequencies to cover their area.

Do any of these trunk tracking or newer digital scanners do this?
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Vote channels in scanners?

Post by rochedalescan »

I think if you use the GPS mode on the newer digital scanners they will lock on to the clearest frequency for the area you are in. I'm not sure what extra accessories you need for your scanner though.

Would only work with UBC 396t/996t/396xt those are the only ones capable i'm pretty sure.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Comint

Post by Comint »

gaz54 wrote:Just wondering whether any of the newer scanners can handle vote groups properly?

I use them in my TX3600s and TX3800s for the emergency services in the areas that I travel but they are limited to 5 channels of a maximum 5 frequencies in each. Ipswich police for instance now use at least 9 frequencies to cover their area.

Do any of these trunk tracking or newer digital scanners do this?
As far as I know, no scanner handles Voting.

And what the Emergency Services in Queensland call Voting is really just 'scan groups', not real Voting.

--
Comint
gaz54

Post by gaz54 »

OK thanks guys, so if I rephrase it to scan groups can these handle it?

For instance in the TX 3600s for now what I have for ipswich is East and West as two voting/scanning channels, each with five frequencies in them which covers the 9 frequencies.

Perhaps the solution might be to put the appropriate channels in a "bank", name it, then scan the appropriate banks. Would be good then to have a flexible bank arrangement with varying number of channels in each with Alpha tags.

Will look up the specs on those mentioned scanners and see if they allow me to do that. Haven't bought a scanner in 15 years or more so way out of touch with the state of the art.

Gaz
Comint

Post by Comint »

gaz54 wrote:OK thanks guys, so if I rephrase it to scan groups can these handle it?

For instance in the TX 3600s for now what I have for ipswich is East and West as two voting/scanning channels, each with five frequencies in them which covers the 9 frequencies.

Perhaps the solution might be to put the appropriate channels in a "bank", name it, then scan the appropriate banks. Would be good then to have a flexible bank arrangement with varying number of channels in each with Alpha tags.

Will look up the specs on those mentioned scanners and see if they allow me to do that. Haven't bought a scanner in 15 years or more so way out of touch with the state of the art.

Gaz
Well most scanners have at least 10 channels per Bank, so that would seem to solve that problem, but not many scanners of that era allow Alpha Tagging.

The three scanners mentioned, are more advanced, and have DMA (Dynamic Memory Allocation), and allow Alpha Tagging.

The UBCD396T is technically obsolete, as it has been recently superseded by the UBCD396XT (RRP $499.00).

--
Comint