Funny story about digital scanner lol

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
terryhaynes
Forum Manager

Funny story about digital scanner lol

Post by terryhaynes »

Went to Dicks Smith in the city and asked the guy about the digital scanner 96 for about $450 and the first thing out of his mouth was "forget it mate". He said the amount of digital scanners that have been returned to the city store and the indro store this year was about 15. He said he had 1 guy return it and said it was broken because he couldn't hear the police.....lol.

Moral of the story?

People just don't listen. Don't buy a digital scanner I guess :-P

D96..........no good for brisbane police
ubc396t....no good for brisbane police
ubc996t....no good for brisbane police

TERRY
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Funny story about digital scanner lol

Post by rochedalescan »

Its a wonder our old mates from the big yellow house didnt try to upsell you to buy one, atleast theres one decent person in their company :P

Should of done some free advertising :D haha.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

If people still arent getting the message that you cant hear Brisbane police then there is something wrong.

Honestly if your in Brisbane and you want too hear the police you STILL CAN, all you have too do is buy a analouge scanner and tune into Redcliffe/Caboolture, Beenleigh or Ipswich. They can all be recieved in Brisbane.

Some people are already listening to those channels and they decide too buy a digital scanner just so they can listen too Brisbane. Honestly you never will be able to listen to Brisbane police, nobody will unless they are a police officer in Brisbane, Police CRO in Brisbane or Radio tech in PCC Brisbane.

Basically everybody needs to give up trying crack the code because a) no scanner will be capable of doing that, and b) its illegal.

My opinion on people who just dont give up trying too listen to Brisbane Police.
Daniel
alpha101
Newly Registered Users

Re: Brisbane Police, Motorola Zeon Network

Post by alpha101 »

my mate does have a digital tranceiver with brisbane digital police channel active. ;) no lies ;)
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

alpha101 wrote:my mate does have a digital tranceiver with brisbane digital police channel active. ;) no lies ;)

umm thats utter BS man, I have $100 to say he doesn't
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

alpha101 wrote:my mate does have a digital tranceiver with brisbane digital police channel active. ;) no lies ;)
The only way I can see that being reality - he must be a member of the QPS - these radios are encrypted to the QPS network, and I am guessing he works for the QPS or a radio tech for the QPS and knows the encryption
terryhaynes
Forum Manager

Post by terryhaynes »

Ha ha I wrote this post 4 years ago and now Dick Smith don't sell them in their stores anymore.
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

The way things going re g20 and other events scanners will be useless in about 8months if wanting to scan emergency services cause it will be p25 2 digtal or something anlong the lines so I think prices will drop under 100 for top models

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk 4