Alignment Tool

Discussion on Philips / Simoco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
ozradio

Alignment Tool

Post by ozradio »

Hey All,

I have recently received a copy of the alignment tool and am wondering what the alignment tool is for. I figure it isn't for programming the radio as I already use the FPP software for that.

Thanks
ozradio
Simoco SRM9030Plus TU Band, SRM9030Plus AC Band, SRM9005 AC Band, SRM9022 TU Band
Tait T2000II, Barrett Crystal Locked HF Set, Uniden 80 Channel UHF
ozradio

Re: Alignment Tool

Post by ozradio »

Have finally figured out what the alignment tool is for. Was reading through all the documentation I was able to find online and have found out that it is for correcting frequency drift if your radio goes out of alignment. All part and parcel of ACMA rules around ensuring that you remain within your approved frequency and bandwidth.
ozradio
Simoco SRM9030Plus TU Band, SRM9030Plus AC Band, SRM9005 AC Band, SRM9022 TU Band
Tait T2000II, Barrett Crystal Locked HF Set, Uniden 80 Channel UHF