SRM9000 Network File For VIC SMR

Discussion on Philips / Simoco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
knightcon

SRM9000 Network File For VIC SMR

Post by knightcon »

Hey Guy's,

I have slowly been building up my collection of Simoco SRM9000 radio's and now that I have gotten my hands on the FPP software have decided to program them up for listening in on the various SMR talkgroups. I have considered using TrunkTracker but that listens in on all the talkgroups and needs a computer to be setup and running for the monitoring. There are only about 4 talkgroups that I want to scan for and so I decided to try and program the SRM9000's for this purpose but encountered a problem fairly quickly. The FPP software was asking for a network file which I can only assume handles the programming of the sites and the frequencies used.

By any chance does anyone have the appropriate network file to help me start on this, if anyone also has any copies of the channel plan already programmed into their SRM9000 which they could send me it would be much appreciated as well.

I don't want to use this for transmission and the mic's aren't even hooked up to the 9030 control heads i'm using, I simply want to use it to listen to a few of our local and regional talkgroups as a bit of a hobby.

I am using 3x AC band and 2x TU band Simoco SRM9000's with 9030 control heads.

I already have the SES UHF repeater frequencies programmed into one of the TU band units for listening but most of their traffic now operates on the SMR network along with the ambulance service and they all seem to use the UHF network mainly as a backup network.

Your help and/or guidance in this is greatly appreciated.
andrewd66j

Re: SRM9000 Network File For VIC SMR

Post by andrewd66j »

You can't use a network file to listen. It's easier to program all of the SMR frequencies and set up vote groups to listen to individual sites. There is one problem with this as some sites have "odd" or extra channels assigned to them. Because of this, you have to make custom vote groups for those particular sites. What area are you in?

Check out this page I made

http://members.dodo.com.au/~adennis/smr.html

I'll dig up some other info that I may have and get it to somehow.

Cheers

AD
knightcon

Post by knightcon »

Thanks for that Andrew, can you tell me what the network file is used for then?
Comint

Post by Comint »

andrewd66j wrote:Check out this page I made

http://members.dodo.com.au/~adennis/smr.html
Nice list, but it doesn't include Channels 301 to 364 (Ambos), or aren't those used anymore.

Also, the Police frequencies listed, have been in use as conventional analogue repeater Channels, for years (usually as Vote Groups), so have they now been re-purposed for use on the SMR.

--
Comint
Last edited by Comint on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

The network file is used to connect to the system with an rid, the issue with using this is it automatically talks with the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG