Simoco programming problems

Discussion on Philips / Simoco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
mitch

Simoco programming problems

Post by mitch »

G'day

Got simoco srm9000/9020plus. Before installing it on vehicle i had it on bench, connected to power and the radio was able to be read easy as pie from my laptop. Went to plug it in today to retrieve the settings from it to my computer and it is unable to read the radio. Correct COM port selected, using a usb to serial converter from radio works. Works fine with my Icom 400pro, just not the simoco. Any ideas?
andrewd66j

Re: Simoco programming problems

Post by andrewd66j »

I can only think of one thing.

Every time you plug the cable in, it changes the power state. If the radio is on, the cable will turn it off. If it is off, the cable will turn it on. Make sure the radio is off when you plug the cable in.
Shodown
Newly Registered Users

Re: Simoco programming problems

Post by Shodown »

Good to know this trap for newcomers :)