New 80 channels

Discussion on Yaesu / Vertex technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
GME Man

New 80 channels

Post by GME Man »

Hello there, I am upgrading my radio from the additional 40 channels to 80 channels. I was just double checking, do I select channels 41-80 as narrow band and leave the original 40 channels as wide band or do I select all channels 1-80 as narrow band.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GME Man
peteramjet

Re: New 80 channels

Post by peteramjet »

There is mountains of information relating to this all over the Internet, including on this very site. I'm not going to go in depth, however basically:
- all channels are 12.5khz, except 22/23 which are 25khz (but these channels can only be used for permitted data).
- channels 61/62/63 do not exist and should not be programmed (they are set aside due to the above data channels).
GME Man

Re: New 80 channels

Post by GME Man »

Thank you peteramjet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GME Man