yaesu frg9600

Discussion on Yaesu / Vertex technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
johnfnq
Newly Registered Users

yaesu frg9600

Post by johnfnq »

Hi guys new to the forum, and scanning I use a ubc73xlt which does me fine but my old boy gave me a yaesu frg9600 and thats how I ended up here. My questio is being an older scanner will it still work on the frequencies used in cairns, any help or tips would be appreciated, im about to explore the forum.
Thanks guys
Comint

Re: yaesu frg9600

Post by Comint »

johnfnq wrote:Hi guys new to the forum, and scanning I use a ubc73xlt which does me fine but my old boy gave me a yaesu frg9600 and thats how I ended up here. My questio is being an older scanner will it still work on the frequencies used in cairns, any help or tips would be appreciated, im about to explore the forum.
Thanks guys
That depends on what you want to listen to.

I would say that anything that you can receive on the UBC73XLT, you will also be able to receive on the FRG-9600.

From memory, the FRG-9600 has a painfully SLOW scan rate.

--
Comint