Tait T2020 Series I - Doesn't like wideband?

Discussion on Tait technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
erikn

Tait T2020 Series I - Doesn't like wideband?

Post by erikn »

G'day, erikn here again.
Same Tait T2020 radio. For some reason or another I can't get it to do wideband 25KHz spacing. Can change spacing in the software fine, can write the settings to a file OK, even programming the radio works OK.
However, after reading the radio to make sure settings were programmed OK, it seems all the channels programmed in have gone from wideband spacing to narrowband and I haven't the foggiest why it's doing that.
Help is much appreciated.

Thanks again,
erikn
This user has retired from the forum.
Twbtech

Re: Tait T2020 Series I - Doesn't like wideband?

Post by Twbtech »

Hey Erikn
The T20xx series are not wide / narrow selectable (unless it is a very late series 1200 ch model) the IF board and TXCO board needs to be changed making it a hardware thing so the software toggle means bugger all if it is programmed wide or narrow... what version of software are you using ?
erikn

Post by erikn »

Twbtech wrote:Hey Erikn
The T20xx series are not wide / narrow selectable (unless it is a very late series 1200 ch model) the IF board and TXCO board needs to be changed making it a hardware thing so the software toggle means bugger all if it is programmed wide or narrow... what version of software are you using ?
DOS 2.54 under DosBox on w7 with a real Tait RS232 lead (no USB/RS232 converter).
This user has retired from the forum.
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

erikn wrote:
Twbtech wrote:Hey Erikn
DOS 2.54 under DosBox on w7 with a real Tait RS232 lead (no USB/RS232 converter).
If your radio requires the DOS version of software (ie therefore an older firmware) it is unlikely your radio is one of the later sets that allow you to select wide/narrowband from the software, and as Twbtech mentioned it is likely a hardware restriction on your set.