Tm9100 fuse?

Discussion on Tait technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
D1cko

Tm9100 fuse?

Post by D1cko »

I just picked up a TM9100 off ebay so it has no manual with it. What size fuse should I be running on the power to the radio? I downloaded a Tait manual on my phone but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks

Ben
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Tm9100 fuse?

Post by Phantom »

What fuse was removed?
What power are you going to run?
It clearly states in the Tait manual what size fuse to run. I've just checked
comport1

Post by comport1 »

D1cko wrote:I just picked up a TM9100 off ebay so it has no manual with it. What size fuse should I be running on the power to the radio? I downloaded a Tait manual on my phone but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks

Ben
A 10 Amp Blade Fuse is sufficient if running at 25 Watt Output. I generally use 15A fuses, but from memory i believe Tait Manuals will recommend 10 Amp fuse, and 20 Amp for above 25 Watt output.

Cheers
------------------------------------------
Comport1
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

Thanks for the help guys. I've been a bit snowed under with work and forgot to check back. I purchased the radio second hand and didn't come with a fuse or fuse holder and I have no idea what it was running.

It will end up programmed for mine channels and I have no idea what power they're running at.

Comport1, thanks for the details. I would have thought the mines would run the radios flat out so I'll stick a 20A in there.

Thanks