Connecting to Tait Orca audio out

Discussion on Tait technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Draco
Newly Registered Users

Connecting to Tait Orca audio out

Post by Draco »

Hi there,

I have just built a DTMF tone controlled relay and have it functioning well when taking audio feed from the speaker output of a WOXUN UVD1P.

But I am struggling to get it to take input from a tait orca. So far I have tried feeding it from the headphone socket of a speaker mic and also from a clip on 3.5mm audio socket adapter but with no luck.

The manuals I have looked in say it needs an external speaker with an impedance of 32 ohms.
I only have an 8ohm speaker available, which again works fine with the woxun and I have an 8 ohm audio transformer built into the circuit to provide isolation (which could be part of the problem).

Any ideas or suggestions of how to get the audio feed from a tait orca driving my circuit?.

Cheers,
Draco