UBCD436-PT Firmware

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Sparker

UBCD436-PT Firmware

Post by Sparker »

Just wonder what is the last firmware I have 1.08.00. In the US they are lot higher.

Cheers
Uniden UBCD436-PT
GME XRS Connect
frankc

Re: UBCD436-PT Firmware

Post by frankc »

Sparker wrote:Just wonder what is the last firmware I have 1.08.00. In the US they are lot higher.

Cheers
Yep, that is the most recent Firmware for Australia which unblocked 800Mhz and restored the bandplan/Steps to the UBCD396XT specs. The Higher figures in the US are for DMR which I believe Uniden Australia are currently developing and will be available as a paid update withing the next 3-6 months as I am assumning they are monitoring how the US are dealing with various improvements to DMR there.
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

Thanks frankc I'm sure as soon as update is available someone will post a message. Only had the 436 a couple of weeks (big learning curve) my last scanner I could pickup police and analog mobiles. Any tips would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uniden UBCD436-PT
GME XRS Connect
railscan

Post by railscan »

Sparker wrote:Just wonder what is the last firmware I have 1.08.00. In the US they are lot higher.
Cheers
It is not wise to compare firmware upgrades for the US with those available here. For a start radio systems are very different in America and therefore require (particularly relevant to their 700 MHz trunking systems, which we don't have) more fine tuning until they are stabilized.

In some parts of the US they are only just migrating some services on the VHF High Band to 12.5 kHz spacing so again Uniden have released a firmware change to cope with that. Australia on the other hand has had narrow deviation on VHF for some time.

Some friendly advice, don't use Radio Reference or Uniden America as a guide for what is or should be happening here. If and when a firmware update/upgrade is required Uniden Australia will make one available. And before someone complains that their scanner is not doing this or that, yes there is some issues particularly with the 436PT, but for a number of reasons Uniden cannot make changes of their own volition, there is a number of stake holders involved and ALL have to agree to change.

R