Help With Free scan and uniden 396xt&996t

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
scannerman

Help With Free scan and uniden 396xt&996t

Post by scannerman »

Hi all below i have uploaded a file free for anyone who wants to use it.however i am having some issues in setting up the scanner.

when i uploaded the programming to my uniden 996t it worked fine. i want the radio to scan everything i have in the file that is not locked out but i seem to be having some issues on my 396xt setting up the scan groups i dont know what im doing.

for some reason the scanner continues to scan a group i have called P25 Conventional over and over and wont scan anything else also it is scanning very slowly. ive been trying to change the quick keys ect. to get it to scan everything in the file besides the groups i have locked out but it just wont stop scanning that one system. when i put the file in my 996t it worked fine and did what i needed it to do but for some reason it wont work on the 396t. is anyone able to open up the freescan file i have and take a look at it and tell me what im doing wrong. or even fix it for me so it will scan everything thats not locked out. thankyou in advanced
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xplorer

Re: Help With Free scan and uniden 396xt&996t

Post by Xplorer »

scannerman.

I've checked over your file, uploaded it into mine 396, and have nil issues with scanning all five quick keys. I do note you have some errors in your file.

1. MMR Network - you have MAS and MFB TGID's entered, but all sites are locked out.
You can have it the other way where one/some/all sites are "not" locked, and have no TGID's at all, and it will scan. But what you have will not allow the scanner to scan any control channels as they are all locked out. Unlock your local sites and it will scan those sites listening for any TGID.

2. MMR NETWORK - You have an invalid channel "empty line" within your MFB MMR Network that needs removing.

3. RMR Network - CFA missing some TGID's. You do have ID Search on so it will pick up other TGID's not entered; including techs & Telstra testing in preparation for new services about to move onto RMR Network.

4. RMR Network – You are missing extra control channels in your sites you have unlocked.

5. HOLD TIMES - Your settings for hold times for both P25 and Conventional systems are excessive. Reducing the conventional systems to "0" and trunked systems to "2" seconds is more ideal, and your scanner will scan faster.

6. FREQUENCY SORTING - Your frequencies are all over the place. Not a real issue with the small amount of systems you have set up; but if you were to enter more systems, I would sort your frequencies out in order, as it will make your scanner scan the frequencies quicker.

7. VHF Voting - You have no CTCSS tones listed for VICPOL VHF frequencies. Not a war stopper, but they are missing none the less.

8. AUDIO TYPE - Not a war stopper, but you have not set the correct audio type for numerous systems and groups. (Vic Police, UHF CB, V/Line, Trunking, Ambulance Vic) - all should be set to "Analog Only", rather than "All".

Happy to help out if needed.
scannerman

Re: Help With Free scan and uniden 396xt&996t

Post by scannerman »

Hi thanks for the reply i found out the issue was that i had my p25 conventional system set to automatic modulation i set this to nfm and it now works great and scans the systems i want. i dont know how to set up quick keys and i dont like messing around with them as it seemed to stuff up my file more.

it would be handy though then i would not need all those systems locked out there locked out cause i only have the areas i live in unlocked

i never bother with alternative cc frequency's as i had this in my mmr setup and it would flick to the wrong frequency all the time and id hear nothing till i manually tuned back into the main one.