Uniden UBCD436PT and Freescan

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
rothackerben8

Uniden UBCD436PT and Freescan

Post by rothackerben8 »

Hi everyone, i have a bit of a problem, i have a uniden UBCD436PT digital scanner and want to add a long databas that is in freescan and i'm not sure how to get it onto the scanner. Any help much appreciated
APX2500, XTL5000, XTS2500 UBCD436PT, UBC73XLT, SRM9000 (9022) +DMAP, Codan 9323 + 9350, Motorola MCS2000 UHF+VHF, TP9100, TM9100, TM8200, DM3400, IC-718, FT 70-D
peteramjet

Re: Uniden UBCD436PT and Freescan

Post by peteramjet »

FreeScan will not work with the 436/536 models. Butel ARC software is a solution, however that software is not free. You could try the Uniden Sentinel software - it's free, but don't know if it works with the Australian model variants.
frankc

Post by frankc »

peteramjet wrote:FreeScan will not work with the 436/536 models. Butel ARC software is a solution, however that software is not free. You could try the Uniden Sentinel software - it's free, but don't know if it works with the Australian model variants.
Sentinal as supplied for the Australian model will work
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

As others have stated, FreeScan will not work with any 436, 536 and 3600 models.

However, you can EASILY use FreeScan to copy and paste most data directly into Sentinel.
I have done it plenty of times copying data from a 396XT on FreeScan, directly into a 436PT using Sentinel.
Anyone that states you can't, has not used both software programs.

The easiest way, and for learners until they are familiar with it, is to copy from FreeScan and paste into a SpreadSheet.
If that is way too hard, go to "File" and select "Export CSV" and export either one FL or your whole database to a spreadsheet.
Once copied into a spreadsheet, move and edit the columns to suit the layout of what you see in Sentinel.
If you're not sure, open Sentinel and look at the format of their columns, then move the spreadsheet colums around to suit.
Open Sentinel and enter "Edit Favorites List" of where you want to paste them into.
Go through the creating and editing of the system you want to create; then paste the contents into Sentinel.

For a P25 Trunk Network (data from FreeScan to Sentinel):
Service goes into "Department".
Site Setup name goes into "Site".
Trunk Frequencies go into "Frequencies".
Group & Channel Options goes into "Unit ID".

If you're really stuck, send me the file and I'll do it for you - no charge.