UBCT8 needs programming

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
46South

UBCT8 needs programming

Post by 46South »

Having acquired the above Ubct8, and never having had a scanner before, i started looking for programming software. The first thing I found was a firmware update for BCT8, tried to download the update and failed, which is fortunate after I found the comments on "Aussie Scanners" that the software was for USA scanners, hadn't noticed the U was missing before, and it was important.
I had also found 'BCT8ss' v1.1 programming software which I downloaded. It opened ok except for the manual, which Adobe required the downloading of a Japan Font to display, and my Vista computer said did not have the authority to download it and it would be subject to errors as well. The application looks real nice and it will operate the radio as well, except that I would like the manual to explain how to use it.
So here we are, a naive Kiwi, looking for Aussie input.
Has anyone got a copy of this manual and do you think this program for the BCT8 would be okay for the UBCT8 ?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: UBCT8 needs programming

Post by Phantom »

Welcome to the forum....
X-Firey

Re: UBCT8 needs programming

Post by X-Firey »

look up the Uniden Australia or Uniden New Zealand website and go to 'Customer Support'. Click on 'Operating Manuals' and you should be able to find and download a copy of the UBCT8 manual there.

ARC also produces programming software for the BCT8. I don't know if it is compatible with the AU version though.