Digital Reception

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
shuts63

Digital Reception

Post by shuts63 »

Hi everyone. I would like to know with the Trunk Tracker IV if you can do a TGID Search between an upper and lower frequency. If so how do you program it as I get a bit confused reading the manual and don't seem to answer my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X-Firey

Re: Digital Reception

Post by X-Firey »

With the Uniden Trunk Tracker IV scanner you can do a search between two frequencies. That can be set up utilising 'Custom Search' in the Menu. That will allow you to find digital signals but you will need to set up a designated trunking system and run it in 'ID SEARCH' mode to 'search' for talkgroups.
shuts63

Post by shuts63 »

Thanks for that X-Firey. I'll give that a go with consultation with the manual again and see how I go. Want to monitor the RMR and see if there are anymore frequencies I can add. As an ex firefighter and SES member I still like to keep track of things particularly when driving around.

X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

Vicradio Zone has a comprehensive list of RMR sites, control channels and other info if you haven't checked out that website already.
shuts63

Post by shuts63 »

Thanks again X-Firey. Have already checked out that site and programmed the frequencies in. So far only heard Region 22 on TGID 30012 I think it was. The CFA TGIDs but finishing with 12.

X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

The TGID would be 30512, radio display VF 12 512 i.e. Vic Fire D12 Channel 512.
They patch the regions when it is quiet or depending on operator availability... At night/early morning the whole state may be patched so no matter where you are located you will hear everything statewide. Alternatively when it is busy or there is a 'job' on they can isolate a District. If you take the '30' of the TGID the last three numerals are the channel number.