Uniden 996t

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
vkcpolice

Uniden 996t

Post by vkcpolice »

I recently reflashed my uniden 996t with all of the current cfa analog and digital channels however when i came around to doing the fire ground channels i ran into some trouble as the frequencys are the same for both Digital and Analogue.
i used freescan and entered every single ctss code and nac code to try and not double up on ch's freescan lets me enter the nac code but once uploaded to the scanner does it make any difference on digital as i remember reading somewhere that the uniden 996t can not decode Nac. since ive already uploaded the file into the scanner and mounted it back in the shack will the digital ch's still work even though i entered a nac code on free scan?
David_E

Re: Uniden 996t

Post by David_E »

Had the same issue with a 396T, no joy with digital. Gave up and got an XT
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

@vkcpolice have you set each channel you've entered to only handle the transmission mode you're interested in?

If you select Analogue Only under the relevant section for each analogue frequency then it should only be audible for that transmission type on that channels frequency.

Digital Only will only make audible a Digital transmission.

If you have a frequency set for 'ALL' then it will make audible any transmission mode. Not ideal for what you're trying to achieve.

Page 87 of Manual, Setting the Audio Type: http://www.uniden.com.au/resources_main ... _Final.pdf

As for the issue of Digital and NAC's on a 996T this is where your listening can come a little undone.

If you set a frequency for Digital only, and given the 996T is unable to do NAC's, it means any digital transmission on the frequency will be audible. Which is a pain where frequency re-use comes in to play and you have the one digital frequency serving multiple purposes (channels).

Obviously on the real network that one frequency will have a different NAC's for each designated channel it is used for so the radio only hears what it should, but the 996T can't differentiate there and are you're potentially stuck listening to whatever voice traffic is on that one frequency that your scanner can hear.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Thx pumper 50 i fingered the digital/anlog setting this morning luckily the digital ch's where i am are not shared with multiple ch's