Uniden UH-8050s software

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Scanited

Uniden UH-8050s software

Post by Scanited »

Is there any software out there for these radios?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Uniden UH-8050s software

Post by Phantom »

Would be very surprised if there is anything to modify via software
Surely one would simply program in the RX channels you want to listen to by hand?
I highly doubt that you would find any software for this radio
Scanited

Re: Uniden UH-8050s software

Post by Scanited »

I was really just wanting to know if the pre-programmed ones could be altered , maybe by a software?

Being so new I also doubt if there would be any , but one has to ask or otherwise one would never find out ...

seeya.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

When you saw pre-programmed... Are you talking about the channels (1-80) or frequencies that are stored in the RX slots?

If they are in the RX slots, then yes, I would assume they could be overwritten to allow the user to put whatever they want to listen to.
Scanited

Post by Scanited »

The RX ones .

All I can seem to do is turn off the "M" so it wont scan it , maybe I should take another look at it to see if they can be adjusted but I couldn't the last time I fiddled ..

ps> a bit off the topic but I suppose its old news to you but there is some really really crap audio on those multi-million dollars systems out there aye .

PLods , ambo , fire etcetera , some are just intelligible , some over-deviating to the max and some one can barely hear the audio , and its more common to hear crap than good audio imo .

I heard CB radio's sound better yet those things cost very big bucks each .
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

My guess is that there should be some button(s) to press while powering on the unit
"YOUNGN"
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Scantied, yes you have a valid point. Some of the big $$$ radios don't have the best audio. Some are simply not setup correctly and/or the repeater system is lacking
Scanited

Post by Scanited »

youngn wrote:My guess is that there should be some button(s) to press while powering on the unit
Funny you should mention that , a few days after getting the radio and setting it all up and disabling like 40 or so memory scans I tried pressing a button or 2 at turn on and 1 variation set all the memories back to the default again Lol .
Scanited

Post by Scanited »

Phantom wrote:Scantied, yes you have a valid point. Some of the big $$$ radios don't have the best audio. Some are simply not setup correctly and/or the repeater system is lacking
Its only when I dwell on the cost of those systems is when I shake the head in bewilderment , there is a plod repeater out here that has a tx on tx off clunk on it that is louder than any audio that goes through it , it makes the external speaker vibrate! , it sounds like a mechanical relay like for the spotlights on a vehicle is being used for switching over to RX TX RX ..
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

Scanited wrote:
youngn wrote:My guess is that there should be some button(s) to press while powering on the unit
Funny you should mention that , a few days after getting the radio and setting it all up and disabling like 40 or so memory scans I tried pressing a button or 2 at turn on and 1 variation set all the memories back to the default again Lol .
Yeah there are usually a few different combinations that do different things, like factory default reset etc
"YOUNGN"