Uniden UBCD996T

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Patchfinder12

Uniden UBCD996T

Post by Patchfinder12 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi all, can someone tell me the technical difference between Uniden UBCD996T and BCD996TX, the first I believe is made for Australia the second is made only for US.
Cheers
In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take!

Comint

Re: Uniden UBCD996T

Post by Comint » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Patchfinder12 wrote:Hi all, can someone tell me the technical difference between Uniden UBCD996T and BCD996TX, the first I believe is made for Australia the second is made only for US.
Cheers
For starters, you are comparing two different generations.

The Australian UBCD996T, and its American cousin, the BCD996T, basically only differ in the frequency bands covered, as posted elsewhere.

The BCD996XT is the next generation, with a few more "Bells and Whistles", and there isn't an Australian version.

--
Comint