780xlt Parts

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
rochedalescan
Founder

780xlt Parts

Post by rochedalescan »

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether Uniden still stock spare parts for 780xlt. I have two at the moment and the speakers are terrible (very low volume). Not sure if there may be something after market or if you can use speakers out of other uniden scanners ? or if someone is parting a 780xlt ?
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
youngn
Forum Manager

Re: 780xlt Parts

Post by youngn »

Depending on the size of the speaker, you may be able to use something generic from an electronics component store, like Jaycar or RS.
"YOUNGN"
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Okay so I took a speaker from the BCT15X and put it in the 780xlt and the sound is still just as low as it was with the other speaker, is there any way to turn this up internally ? or could it be a blown component inside the radio? I know that speaker is capable of a lot louder as it can do better in the BCT15X.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Comint

Post by Comint »

rochedalescan wrote:Okay so I took a speaker from the BCT15X and put it in the 780xlt and the sound is still just as low as it was with the other speaker, is there any way to turn this up internally ? or could it be a blown component inside the radio? I know that speaker is capable of a lot louder as it can do better in the BCT15X.
Considering the age of the 780, it is possible some of the electrolytic capacitors have started to dry out, and need replacing.

--
Comint
leniboy

Post by leniboy »

I'd be also interested if someone has some suggestions as one of my 780's is doing exactly the same thing. I have tried using an external speaker and it is no better. The capacitor suggestion is a good one but which ones?
BCD996XT BCD396XT UBC9000XLT BC785D ICOM IC-R1500 ICOM R7000 ICOM R75 KENWOOD R5000 KENWOOD RZ-1 AOR 8200MK3
Comint

Post by Comint »

leniboy wrote:I'd be also interested if someone has some suggestions as one of my 780's is doing exactly the same thing. I have tried using an external speaker and it is no better. The capacitor suggestion is a good one but which ones?
C75 would seem like a good candidate. Although, if one electrolytic is faulty, then it is probably worthwhile replacing all electros of the same type, and value.

--
Comint
melbourneradio

Post by melbourneradio »

I need a volume knob mines broken and being held together by tape
John Remington
VK3 XRI
South Eastern Communications
Radios-Communications- Pagers
facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Ea ... 183?ref=hl
http://www.secomms.com.au