UH720SX-NB

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
erikn

UH720SX-NB

Post by erikn »

Got one of these for Christmas 2012. Can't recommend them highly enough.
They far outshine the two SX709r 40ch handhelds I still have in the audio quality department.
Great range of accessories for them too :)
Only complaint is they don't have a 'call centre' style headset (boom mic + earpiece). They have the earbud phone, throat mic, a switch for either PTT or VOX (and the PTT button on the same assembly) then the 2.5mm plug.
Great little radios if you want to upgrade to 80ch but don't want the full 5w (or just something for use in shopping centres etc.
Also the speaker mics are fantastic. They have a different pin-out to the two speaker mics that go with the SX709r handhelds though, so RX works but not TX if I plug a different mic in. The clip is nice and solid and it beats havin a spring on the old mics (which tends to go missing). Also the straight plug is a nice feature. I find right angle plugs especially 2.5mm get damaged easily.
For what they're worth I would have bought 2.

EDIT: Have noticed the roger beep when wearing radio + speaker mic is often distorted or non existent. Thought I'd let you know that's due to the speaker mic port being close to the antenna (and pumping out 2w. Dropping transmit power to 'LO' or mid strength will stop this happening).
Newy1234

Re: UH720SX-NB

Post by Newy1234 »

Yeah I have two of these and they are great. Excellent receivers in them!