UBCD396XT + UBC-RH96 + GPS

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Road king
Newly Registered Users

UBCD396XT + UBC-RH96 + GPS

Post by Road king »

Hello. I just bought on e-bay a UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head. haven't received it yet tho.
I have downloaded the users manual and searched this forum and google, but cant find an answer any where.
Can I connect a GPS receiver to the scanner at the same time as the control unit? from what I can tell they use the same plug on the scanner?

Also, I will be using it in my truck. and in my truck is an old GME 27mhz AM CB. no one uses them anymore so would I be able to use the antenna from that on my scanner?
spook67

Re: UBCD396XT + UBC-RH96 + GPS

Post by spook67 »

Hi Road KIng,

Here is the link for the remote head user guide
http://www.uniden.com.au/resources_main ... H96_OM.pdf

I am guessing you can connect the head and also maintain GPS functionality as it actually makes reference to it in the guide.

In terms of the AM CB antenna, I have actually done this previously myself and it did work (quite decently actually) although VHF coverage was better than UHF which is not surprising considering the frequencies involved.

Cheers,
Spook67

UBC93XLT, Netset Pro 2020, AR8200, UBC355XLT, Sangean ATS505
Comint

Re: UBCD396XT + UBC-RH96 + GPS

Post by Comint »

Road king wrote:Hello. I just bought on e-bay a UBCD396XT with UBC-RH96 remote head. haven't received it yet tho.
I have downloaded the users manual and searched this forum and google, but cant find an answer any where.
Can I connect a GPS receiver to the scanner at the same time as the control unit? from what I can tell they use the same plug on the scanner?
As far as I know, you can't connect a GPS to the 396 at the same time as the RH96.

With the 996 you can connect the GPS to the rear connector, and the RH96 to the front connector, at the same time.

--
Comint