Anyone else have a uniden 436hp?

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
vkcpolice

Anyone else have a uniden 436hp?

Post by vkcpolice »

Just wondering if anyone else has much experience with the uniden 436hp and if they have upgraded the firmware in there radio im still running the firmware that came with it however i have so many ch's in my radio i find it occasionally hangs up. after any info how people have updated there firmware and if that would fix the problem cheers vkcpolice
chainz

Re: Anyone else have a uniden 436hp?

Post by chainz »

Yeah I have one. Which firmware are you running ? And what do you mean sometimes it hangs up?
blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown »

Have you checked the radioreference website ?

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-forums/

The Uniden 436HP/536HP series of digital scanner has generated a lot of discussion there (albeit a fair bit of it is negative). I do not own one myself ... it is a US version. Radioreference is a US based website so the discussion there is relevant
railscan

Post by railscan »

blacktown wrote:Have you checked the radioreference website ?
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-forums/
The Uniden 436HP/536HP series of digital scanner has generated a lot of discussion there (albeit a fair bit of it is negative). I do not own one myself ... it is a US version. Radioreference is a US based website so the discussion there is relevant
As an owner and user of the 436, I can say that the unit does have a few idiosyncrasies but general most of the RR complaints are from those who shouldn't have the vote never mind a complex piece of radio equipment.

R
chainz

Post by chainz »

Regarding the firmware, There isn't going to be any new firmware until march at least, And they already have a roadmap of firmware planned out into 2016.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

i dont know how to find out what firmware im running im running whatever it comes with out of the box and have seen youtube vids of people saying they have upgraded the firmware. when i say it hangs up cause i have all of victoria in my scanner sometime switching between sites or ch's the lcd display will hang up for a few seconds or it takes a few tries to change the volume level as there is a lot of processing going through the chip in the radio it is not a huge issue but would be nice to have brought a product that is smooth to use
chainz

Post by chainz »

I can't say I have had that issue with mine. Just scroll down the main menu and when you get to the firmware bit it will tell you what your running, It's not hard to find. I would check on mine but I am at work at the moment. If you read the reviews on it before buying, You would have seen lots of mixed reactions on if it is "smooth to use" or not. Personally I love it. And as I said, they have planned to make them their flagship units with the firmware going into 2016

Dan
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

im loving mine now since i have written the victorian file prefer it over my 396 but for analogue its horrible for digital its not to bad but it does have worse reception then the 396 and i have read many people complain about the same problem i dont think its a antenna problem but something in the radio
chainz

Post by chainz »

I think the digital is great! Way better than the 396xt
elvistcb62
Newly Registered Users

Post by elvistcb62 »

I'm from the US and this bearcat is junk I called bearcat told them the sensitivity was low there reply there is nothing thay could do? thank you and good by BEARCAT I know have a pro688 wich is made by the whistler company and is a awesome scanner it's solid it's louder then the bearcat has fantastic sensitivity .3mv 148-174 .2 mv in the 30-50 it does eat regular batteries but drop 4 rechargeables problem solved and on 800mhz fantastic! on p25 I can take the rubber duck of and state police are so strong enough said
elvistcb62
Newly Registered Users

Post by elvistcb62 »

Get a whistler scanner trust me you will wonder why did I bye this 436hp and next who can I pawn it off on...lol....lol
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

vkcpolice wrote:im loving mine now since i have written the victorian file prefer it over my 396 but for analogue its horrible for digital its not to bad but it does have worse reception then the 396 and i have read many people complain about the same problem i dont think its a antenna problem but something in the radio
can I put an Australian post code into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
railscan

Post by railscan »

lolbananalol2 wrote:
vkcpolice wrote:im loving mine now since i have written the victorian file prefer it over my 396 but for analogue its horrible for digital its not to bad but it does have worse reception then the 396 and i have read many people complain about the same problem i dont think its a antenna problem but something in the radio
can I put an Australian post code into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The answer doesn't change whether you post it here or on an American forum, it is still NO.

R