GME TX4400 not reciving audio

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
christopher

GME TX4400 not reciving audio

Post by christopher »

Hello All.

The deasil fitter from the workshop has given my dad a radio , but he was unsure if it works. so I have tested it and noticed it dose not receive audio. all the buttons work and sound comes out from the speaker if the buttons are pressed and also I noticed it has the busy signal lit up on the LCD screen , the Squelch is not on ?

any one who may be able to give me some advice

thanks Christopher
Yipyip46

Re: GME TX4400 not reciving audio

Post by Yipyip46 »

Symptons discribed suggest a ceramic filter failure. regards Yipyip
christopher

Post by christopher »

Yipyip46 wrote:Symptons discribed suggest a ceramic filter failure. regards Yipyip
whats that look like ?
christopher

Post by christopher »

Yipyip46 wrote:Symptons discribed suggest a ceramic filter failure. regards Yipyip

hey good news found the problem but bad news its tuned to com radio lol a lot of work to do yet :twisted:
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Morning Christopher, The TX4400 is a 40 channel radio with an additional 20 RX only channels. There was never a commercial version made. If it is picking up other frequencies while displaying a CB channel then it has a fault, so I would recommend taking it to a qualified tech. to get it fixed. Regards Yipyip.