CS-400 pro ADJ

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
b3rgs

CS-400 pro ADJ

Post by b3rgs »

Hi guys, anyone have a screen grab/shot of you ADJ settings,
I had a look at mine and it looks like someone has played around with them?

eg.

Power (Hi) is at 255
power (L2) is also at 255
and Power (L1) is at 40

anyone able to look at theirs and see what its set up to be. only need power to be 5W but I think this may be 25W or higher?
youngn
Forum Manager

Re: CS-400 pro ADJ

Post by youngn »

Those settings are values from 0 - 255 (8 bit number) and from experience even the high power settings on the various icoms I have worked on have not been set at full 255.

The best way to set them is to get a reliable RF power meter and adjust the value to tune the power out, failing this I'm sure someone here has stock settings for a 400pro.

I have not had a 400pro for many years but do have a few F6023's, I can read the stock values from one for you if you can't find anything else, I don't imagine they would be much different with both being 25w capable radios that are fairly similar.
"YOUNGN"
b3rgs

Post by b3rgs »

Thanks for the reply youngn, Unfortunately I don't have myself a RF meter, I did have a quick search on fleebay but they are all pretty expensive just to use once and see what this thing is outputting.

So if they had this set up max to 255, this may be more than 25w? or this 255 means nothing and in fact it could be 10w for example?

If you know what your is set up could you let me know,
or I can upload a shot of how mine is set up, who knows what else they have changed?
pete_IC400pro
Newly Registered Users

Post by pete_IC400pro »

Here is my radio, IC-400PRO, as far as I know this hasn't been adjusted.

Cheers
Peter
IC400PRO Settings Std.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Morning Everyone, The 255 count has no direct relationship to the number of watts the radio is transmitting. It is a total number of steps the control voltage for the RF output module is converted to so the micro can control the power out. If for argument sake the maximum control voltage is 10 volt then you take that and devide it by 255 and that will give you the change of control voltage per step of the micro. For example a count of 100 work convert to a control voltage of 3.92V. The output power is a combination of the power fed to the module, the overall gain of the module and the control voltage applied to the control pin. Hence the number on the alignment screen has no exact coalation to the output power. 100 on your radio may equate to 8 watts out and on another radio 100 could equate to 10 watts out. So while this number gives an idea of the power output it does not equal an exact figure. Sorry for the long winded reply but I hope the readers have a better idea of what is happening when you play with the settings in an alignment program.
Regards
YipYip