Icom IC 400 Pro on Ham Bands

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Tubby

Icom IC 400 Pro on Ham Bands

Post by Tubby »

Greetings
just letting any Hams out there know that you can have 70cms and uhf cb all in one radio.
To do this run the "maker adjust software" that comes with your programing software and with a signal generator, you can move the radio between 400 - 500mhz

By running this software you direct connect the control of the radio with the comport on your PC. This enables band pass filters etc to be swept thus tuning the radio for different parts of the uhf band. You can also adjust power and deviation etc in real time.

This works with almost all Icom Commercial Land Mobiles and is the easiest to use of all the tuning software for other brands

Then it is just a matter of adding the extra channels, I have modified quite a few now for ham Radio use.

** word of warning if you do not understand radio engineering you will get yourself into all sorts of trouble with this software as changing parameters without knowing what you are adjusting could brick your radio **

cheers Tubby
peteramjet

Re: Icom IC 400 Pro on Ham Bands

Post by peteramjet »

While it may work on the ham bands after being modded, it's doubtful it would still be legal for use if UHF CB.
Tubby

Re: Icom IC 400 Pro on Ham Bands

Post by Tubby »

Hi Peter
yes you do have a point as hams while not needing type approval ,ie home brew radios, in order to operate on UHF CB
you do require a type approved radio for this purpose.

However there are many hams happy to use this setup as it is.
As as for my position i am just a pure experimenter and enjoy playing with this stuff
regards Tubby