Icom f61

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Limpovicz
Newly Registered Users

Icom f61

Post by Limpovicz »

Hello, first of all, i'm very sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but this seemed to be the best place for my question.
i recently picked up a couple of icom f-61s from a friend and i need to reprogram them to use the swedish civilian pmr channels instead of the odd ones already on them. i managed to get a hold of the appropriate cable as well as the cloning software cs-f50 version 1.1.
the problem is i have no idea what to do now, i can write down to the unit, but not read from it, i get an error saying i have to get the latest version, wich i cannot find online.
all i have to go on is this info:
PMR 1 - 446.00625
PMR 2 - 446.01875
PMR 3 - 446.03125
PMR 4 - 446.04375
PMR 5 - 446.05625
PMR 6 - 446.06875
PMR 7 - 446.08125
PMR 8 - 446.09375

but i have no idea what fields i should write it down in, nor do i know how to make it so the arrow buttons cycles between them. so any help with this whould be greatly appriciated.
Also i'm really sorry if this is in the wrong forum section or if i spell something wrong, I'm a Swedish geography teacher, so i'm using my second language skills as best as i can
chanjyj

Re: Icom f61

Post by chanjyj »

I do not use ICOM commercial radios so my help may be limited. However, if you can see a field called "frequency" or "freq", for each channel paste 446.00625 in. Eg Channel 1 (PMR frequency 1) use 446.00625.

Note that legally, you have to limit the radio to 0.5W, while the ICOM is 4W.
Limpovicz
Newly Registered Users

Re: Icom f61

Post by Limpovicz »

frequency, on my software is divided up in three fields, RX, TX and TXinh. does anybody know the difference?
also, i live in sweden so we have different laws regarding signaling, but thanks anyway