Channel 8 repeater file

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Cal007

Channel 8 repeater file

Post by Cal007 »

Hi troops,
I have an ICOM IC-FR4000 UHF Repeater that I was using for a private frequency transmitting at 50 watts.

I have now applied for and been granted channel 8 UHF CB and need to change the repeater channel.

I have the software for the radio but when I attempted to change it from the private frequency to the UHF Channel 8, I find that it will not transmit or receive as it did on my private channel.

I have tried to search these forums for an appropriate file that may have already been written for this radio but couldn't find it.

Is someone in a position to place what I need into an appropriate file so that I can clone the radio onto Channel 8 so that the locals can start using that frequency?

It would save me taking the radio down to Canberra and back ( Goulburn ) to do the same simple job.

regards

Cal
Newy1234

Re: Channel 8 repeater file

Post by Newy1234 »

Cal, i just had a quick read of the manual and I assume you have the radio version that covers 450Mhz to 480mhz? UHF CB is in the 477Mhz range.

I also assume to have already checked this?

Sorry I can not help with any file etc but they look like a nice radio.
Cal007

Re: Channel 8 repeater file

Post by Cal007 »

Hi Newy. Yes it does because my private frequency was 478.

cheers