IC-440n

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Adoos
Newly Registered Users

IC-440n

Post by Adoos »

Hi All,

Excuse my ignorance if im barking in the wrong area but I have tried to search this and im utterly confused.

I own a IC-440n in my truck and would like to look at programming custom channels but as im a novice I have no idea where to start. I don't have a cable yet and I have no software. By going through all the efforts im considering is it actually worth it with this unit? What will I gain by having the software etc?

If this already exists simply point me in that direction.

Cheers
Comint

Re: IC-440n

Post by Comint »

WarrenSRM9000 wrote: This place Sells cables and programing disc, online. ( I did not see one for your radio, though there must be. contact the guy for the right radio cable and disc with it.

http://www.radioworks.com.au/viewcategory.php?groupid=0
I think you will find that disk only contains the drivers for the USB chip.

--
Comint
Shreka

Post by Shreka »

been looking for it aswell cant seem to track it down anywhere :(
bushfirey

Post by bushfirey »

It is now available online if you seek it.I have just found it :) Still looking PM me for more info.
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Morning, IC-440N has limited programmable features. Output is rated to 10 watts but micro locked at 5 watts. The software is more aimed at setting functions. It can have up to 128 channels programmed but I haven't even bothered to write a police RX file for one. I would speak to an experienced Icom dealer and figure out what you want to program into the radio and if it can be done before out laying money for a lead and software. Regards Yipyip.