Icom IC-F60

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
thomasdavidson
Newly Registered Users

Icom IC-F60

Post by thomasdavidson »

Hi,

I just got a hold of a pair of IC-F60 radios which were formally used commercially. I am currently looking to buy a charging dock and car charger.

At the moment only one radio has battery remaining and I haven't had any luck receiving any signals through the
UHf CB function.

My question is, should it be possible to use this radio as a general UHF CB radio for receiving and transmitting over all channels, or will they only be able to communicate between one another?

Will I need to reprogram them? I was hoping to use the radios for general scanning and for communication with a friend UHF CB radio on weekend trips.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas
Comint

Re: Icom IC-F60

Post by Comint »

thomasdavidson wrote:I just got a hold of a pair of IC-F60 radios which were formally used commercially. I am currently looking to buy a charging dock and car charger.

At the moment only one radio has battery remaining and I haven't had any luck receiving any signals through the
UHf CB function.

My question is, should it be possible to use this radio as a general UHF CB radio for receiving and transmitting over all channels, or will they only be able to communicate between one another?

Will I need to reprogram them? I was hoping to use the radios for general scanning and for communication with a friend UHF CB radio on weekend trips.
It really depends on what has been programmed into them.

They are capable of 128 channels (in 8 banks of 16 channels) and aren't necessarily programmed for UHF-CB.

They are not designed to be used for 'general scanning', although they do have a limited scan capability.

--
Comint
klorent

Re: Icom IC-F60

Post by klorent »

Just a little correction to what Comint wrote.
That is correct that you can have 128 channels, but you put so many channels in each bank as you want, so long as the total number of channels dosent exceed 128.